Chapter 15

Saturday october 31
Ben and I dressed up as m&ms for halloween. I was the red m&m and he was the green one. We went to a party and after we had dinner with Ben's dad and his brothers. After dinner we were in his room watching Netflix, we both reached for the remote at the same time. I grabbed it and paused it but he spoke first. "We need to talk." Its crazy to think that we both were thinking the same thing.

Ben's POV

I never thought that it would happen the way it did. I expected one of us crying begging the other to stay, but it went pretty different.
"We need to talk ellie."
"I was thinking the same thing" before I could explain we both said the exact same thing.
"We should break up" I didnt know what to think. Shit neither of us did. I dont think she expected me to say that and I damn sure didnt expect her to say it.
"Listen ellie, I love you. Like a lot more than anyone and I promise you that is not a lie, it never will be, but come on.....this town is just too small. All were ever gonna do is, school, food, netflix, sex, repeat. There's nothing here. And we both know were never getting out of this town.

Ellie's POV

Did he really just say that?!
"Were?! Ben dont tell me I'm never getting out of this town. I've got plans and goals. I promise you this is not my future. If you wanna live your life here then I support you. But me? I will not stay here. I need to focus on school i need to keep my head in the game because I'm made for so much more than this small town. Can you please take me home?"

"Yeah" ben drove me home. Before I got out I said
"I love you ben" he replied with
"I love you too ellie" then he kissed me and i went inside. A tear rolled down my face but i knew this was best. I knew that the world would go on. I knew that if it was meant to be it would be. I was sad for a minute and then I went into my brothers room and played video games with him.

Ben's POV

After I took ellie home, I went home and cried. I love her....I really do but lets be honest.....I'm not good for her. She has plans, goals and a future. And I dont have any of that shit.....I dont think that it would ever work.

Ellie's pov

The next few years were a blur. I finished school....and I havent talked to ben. Since his graduation....we didnt talk much before then....but after that I finished school and graduated.....I spent the summer after graduation with my friends. And when fall came around I moved into my dorm. I got into my dream school and I havent looked back to that town since. I dont really know what happend to ben but I hope hes doing okay.