Chapter 16

Ben's pov

I dont really remember when I actually stopped caring....but for a while I turned to dumb shit to get through. Eventually it became my life and I guess I just stopped caring. Ellie and I broke up when I was a junior. That meant that she was a sophomore. She still had two and a half years left. I havent held her in four years. Shes a sophomore I'm college. And I'm still here.... I saw her sister a few months ago her sister is in highschool now almost done with school actually. And I'm still here her sister is going to college in two years and I still havent left. Ellie is in St. Augustine and I'm still here. The only thing I've accomplished in four year is smoking weed and working at mcdonalds. Up until about a week ago at least....because I've decided soemthing.....I'm going to find her.

Ellie's pov

At first it was hard. I didnt see him every day.....we text like once a week. And we both tried to move on. I guess he did because eventually I got ths hint that he was avoiding me.

Ben's pov.

I wasnt avoiding her....well I was but not because I moved on...
But because I couldn't. Seeing her made it worse.

Ellie's pov

Eventually we just stopped texting at all. I guess he had just decided that I wasnt part of his life at all anymore. So eventually I tried my best to move on. I thought maybe dating was the way to go. I tried with Nelson. It lasted a week. Then I tried again with another guy that also failed in less than a week. So eventually I just de ided maybe if I have sex I'll get over him. So I did. I hooked up with someone I never should have.

Me: hey are you busy tn?
Lane: uh no why?
Me: just lonely...wanted to see if u wanted to come get me and go for a drive
Lane:sure I'll pick I up in a bit?.
Me: sounds great

It was in his car. We were up by the lake. Just talking. I made the first move honestly. I put my hand on his thigh while I was laughing. And it kinda went from there. I do regret it but I mean I cant change it. I made the decision to do it and that was on me. I didnt get over ben though. Having sex with Lane honestly just made me miss ben more. I just went home and cried after lane. I'm sure that he told ben because they're friends. And that makes my stomach turn. But enough about that. Let's talk about what really matters.

Ben's pov

Graduation day is supposed to be the best day of your life. But not when the girl you're in love with slept with your best friend and you have to face them both.
"Yo ben what's good?" I turned around to see lane.
"Hey lane what's up?"
"Not much my dude. Guess who got laid yesterday" I looked at him funny. Lane didnt get much action. I laughed.
"You? Have sex? With who?"
"Ellie" my heart stopped. I thought he was talking about a different ellie.
"My Ellie? Er uhm My ex?"
"Uh yeah? You're cool with it tho right?" I clenched my