Chapter Six: Effie is a dancing machine! Sort of...

Hello once again! Well, you know what to do! Which is read and comment/vote/add to library and that sort if you liked it... If you got confused or something.. Anyways, see that little video to the right? Play it while your reading! Because it goes well with what you're about to read.. Okay on to the story!

Early in the morning both Leslie and Jesi decided to take a quick nap while Effie took watch. and Effie decided that would be the perfect time to get her exercise on. She slipped away from her sleeping back and returned decked out in a shiny blue leotard, purple leggings, and green legwarmers. She did a quick check to make sure Rye wasn't hanging around in the distance, and once that was done, she began.

She lounged on both sides, first left then right. Then she did a few frog jumps to loosen up. Stretched out her arms and shook her legs out. That's when her real exercise began. She prepped herself standing straight with her arms pinned to her sides, legs put together, and chin up like a gymnast ready to take stage. She took a deep breath, took two swift steps, and then began prancing around like a rabbit on red bull.

She twirled and kicked and flailed her arm around, unaware that someone could be watching. Whether it be Haymitch, a tribute, Rye, or a camera man, the thought never came to her. She thought surely there shouldn't be someone lurking at this time. Seems she forgot this was the hunger games, and it isn't abnormal for someone to be up this early. So she frolicked around like a deer until a groggy voice stopped her.

"Effie?" Leslie groaned as she looked up at Effie through squinted eyes. Eyes which immediately widened once she got a peek at Effie's outfit choice. "Oh my gosh, Effie! That cannot be unseen! My eyeballs need to be bleached. No, boiled! No, thrown off a cliff. No, wait! Kill them! Kill my eyes! Just set them on fire and throw them off the cliff! Why? Why would you scar me like this?" Leslie sobbed into her sleeping bag.

"What's wrong? I need to stay in shape!" Effie protested loudly. An awkward silence filled, and Leslie's sobs got quieter and quieter until they finally stopped. "Leslie? Are you still there?"

"Yes i'm still here!" Leslie snapped.

"Oh..." Effie trailed off, slightly wounded. "Dance with me then!"

"Are you serious?" Leslie said, but she sounded muffled because of the sleeping bag, so she sounded like, "Are you cereal?".

"No I'm not cereal! Silly girl." Effie folded her arms over her chest sassily.

Leslie popped out of her sleeping bag. "Serious! Not cereal!"

"Oh, of course I am!" Effie pulled Leslie from the ground and somehow- with lots of convincing, got her to do the robot with Effie. And this went on for a few minutes, till Effie decided to make a rather unique change in her dancing decisions. She tucked her arms close to her and curled her hands and fingers like little claws, then she made her body stiff and began jerking around. This was a dance move Effie didn't expect Leslie to remember. It was called, The Rex, made famous by the 2014 rapper T.R.X. Effie recalls her mother showing numerous videos of old dance moves including this special one.

"Effie, I really..." Leslie trailed off quietly. "I have no words."

"It's because my dancing is awesome, isn't it?" Effie said shakily because she did a quick shimmy while speaking.

"Um.. Yeah... Possibly.. No.w Wait, is this a trick question?" Leslie fumbled over her words, still dazed by Effie's prehistoric dancing.

"Pfft, you're so jelly." Effie waved the young girl off.

"I prefer butter." Leslie said, picking up on her quick behavior again.

"Too much for my thighs." Effie sighed as she started doing the classic chicken dance, made famous by some awkward group of people.