Chapter Three: Stealing the Show

"Haymitch, get off the stage! The cameras are gonna turn on!" Effie chased Haymitch around on the now duct-taped crate stage. He hobbled around like a cross between a penguin, and a small child.

"You'll never catch me alive, woman!" Haymitch screeched and continued to run away clutching a wine bottle in his hand.

"Haymitch! Stop. Right. Now!" Effie said through gritted teeth. Haymitch chuckled a high pitched laugh. Effie sighed and did the only logical thing possible. She shoved Haymitch to the ground, away from where the camera can see him. Haymitch fell with a heavy thud and a groan and crawled away like a fragile little old man.

"Evil woman!" He called in a raspy voice somewhere behind the curtains. Effie rolled her eyes and flicked her new wig away from her eyes.

She wiggled her hips and rooster-walked to the center stage. She put her hands on her hips and gave a wide smile. Once they signaled the camera was on the crowd of wildly dressed Capitol people hushed and Effie began to speak.

"Welcome! Welcome! To the 74th Hunger Games I'm Effie, your new interview host!" Effie glanced to a certain spot in the crowd where Caesar was glaring at her while gripping a bottle of generic blue hair dye.

"Well, let's start!" Effie said with lots of energy. She felt fully prepared to interview all the tributes. Things weren't very interesting until she hit District 3. that's when things started to get weird.

"Okay, Courtney. are you ready for your interview?" Effie shook her wig away from her face

"Um... I'm already on stage so... yes." Courtney said like it was more of a question then a answer.

"What was your reaction when you walked on stage?" Effie began.

"My reaction? Why do I have to be stuck with a kid who thinks I’m always calling him short?" Courtney said after thinking for a bit.

"Do you think you'll hold any alliances?" She went on.

"Hopefully I will. With Anthony, I’m not sure though." Courtney responded.

"How good of a chance do you think you have?" The crowd leaned in closly for the answer

'I think I have a pretty good chance because I can probably outsmart most of the Tributes." The crowd leaned back to their original places after hearing her answer.

"How exactly do you feel about the games?"

"I feel that the Games are a waste of time." A few from the crowd huffed.

"Does this wig make my butt look fat?" Effie asked very seriously.

"Did you seriously just ask me that Effie? I guess not really…ok yes it does." Courtney finished. Effie shot her a glare.

"Okay, that was our tribute for District 3! Give em' a twirl, Courtney." Effie said, a bit like Caesar would.

Courtney spun around in her grease-stained capris, a green tank top, and black boots. Her hair hair bobbed around in the ponytail. Effie secretly wrinkled her nose at her choice of outfit. Courtney was supposed to come off as strong and brave, but she seemed more bratty to Effie. but that might be due to that fact she insulted Effie's rear.

Effie grinned at the camera and shoved Courtney off stage after she over-twirled. Courtney huffed and walked away, but not before tripping over a now passe out Haymitch on the group. He muttered something about his family again before going out dead again.

"Okay, next up is our next tribute, Anthony!" Effie gestured to the side of the stage where Anthony strutted out like Effie. She noticed he jelled his hair back, and intended to make it look like he just rolled out of bed but she could tell her worked on it for hours. She seen him talking to himself backstage giving himself a pep talk.