7 - Training

I guess things are back to normal, for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few days, we finished cleaning up the building a little bit and started to train together. Usually Nathan meditates or practices his abilities, while Ash and I stretch, spar or chat. Sometimes Ash and I do a 2 versus 1 spar against Nathan. Sometimes only one of us spars against Nathan. I gotta say, it's actually a lot of fun training like this, especially when it's with friends. We rebuilt some of the walls of the building in our spare time and Nathan extended his old house so Ash and I can sleep there as well.

We also like going for walks together as a group through the field. Training is usually the same most days, accept today. Ash and I am busy sparring with wooden swords, so we don't hurt each other too much. It is just training after all. Every few minutes I glance at Nathan, watching him train as well with his eyes closed.

When he looks back, I turn my head around at the speed of light and I blush a light pink colour. 'Am I crushing on him?!' I think to myself, feeling a bit panicked and flustered both at the same time. I glance at him once more. He's already looking at me, grinning at me. He closes his eyes again, focusing on his actions. My face heats up even more and I look back at Ash, trying to pay attention to our sparring session.

She puts on a slight smirk on her face, obviously aware of what's going on. 'Oh no. What is she up to now?' I think to myself as I move backwards, trying to dodge her attacks. I keep backing up until Ash suddenly yells, "Look out!"

Before I can turn around, I fall backwards over something. I shut my eyes, expecting the fall to be at least a bit painful, but I feel nothing. Nothing but my legs bending at a 90 degree angle and something against the back of my neck holding me up.

I open my eyes carefully, seeing the front of an arm in front of my faceand going around my neck. I look over slightly up and to my right and see Nathan. It took me a second to realise that he is the one holding me above the ground. I still feel him holding onto the back of my neck.

We are now standing still in a rather awkward position, him standing with the top half of his body turned around and his legs in a lunging stance, and me standing in a hovering position with only my legs and Nathan's arm holding me up. My face heats up a whole lot and I see Nathan blushing a bit as well.

Neither of us say a word, until Nathan asks, "A - Are you, alright?" "Y - Yeah, I - I'm fine, thanks. S - Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, I-" I get cut off by the sound of Ash nearly dying of laughter. I quickly grab Nathan's shoulder with my hand without a sword and he helps me stand up straight. I stand up while going in a circular motion.

In between laughs Ash says, "Wow MC, you really FELL for him there, didn't you?" (*facepalms* irl while writing this lol😅) "N - No! Just, shut up!" She just keeps laughing and Nathan and I stay silent. We both look down at the floor in embarrassment, us both a blushing mess.

I break the sort of silence and say, "A - Anyways, shall we continue our sparring session Ash?" "Sure thing! Nathan, you wanna join us?" "I'm good thanks. You guys go on ahead, I gotta go, do something." He leaves with a rather fast pace. 'Where is he going? And what is he gonna do?' I think to myself, trying not to be too bothered by it. I glare at Ash and say sarcastically, "Real funny huh?" She just lifts her shoulders and continues her attacks.

I can't help but smile, even though I know she planned that whole awkward situation Nathan and I were in. 'I think... I think I like him...'

==============================================
~Nathan's POV~
"I'm good thanks. You guys go on ahead, I gotta go, do something." I tell Ash after she offered to let me spar against her and MC. I leave quickly, making sure they aren't following me. I go to the field to think. I sit under a tree and stare off into the distance. I think back at that awkward moment MC and I just had. 'Do I, like her? I think I do! But, how do I tell her? Maybe I could ask Ash for advice? Then maybe I could ask MC out on a date or something.' A smile creeps up on my face and I get all excited, but a bit worried at the same time, then my smile fades a bit. 'What if she says no? What if she doesn't like me back? Although, the way she was looking at me during training... That's it! I'm gonna do it! But I'm going to need some help.'
==============================================

After another hour of training the sun sets and Ash and I head over to Nathan's place to get some sleep. Nathan isn't back yet, but we go in anyways. "Ash! Wait up!" I hear Nathan's voice coming closer. I stop and listen for a second. Ash says in utter confusion, "What's up dude?" "Can I, talk to you for a sec?" "Sure!" Ash goes with him outside the house and the door closes. I go to my room and lay on my bed in thought. 'What are they talking about? And why didn't he want to include me?'

I can't help but feel a bit upset. 'Is he about to ask her out? What's happening?'

Oooooooo.😘 It's about to happen, or is it? Probably... Anyways I hope y'all enjoyed that and I'll see you peeps tomorrow.

Later fam!😉