19 | Kidnap

"Uncle," I called him. "Are you hiding something from me?" I glared at him. He cleared his throat, not saying anything.

"I have nothing to hide, Jiho" He smiled, obviously he just making it.

"Can you tell me exactly why my parents is dead?" I grew impatient. "Who's actually the boy that suddenly show up?"

"I understand how you feel after losing your parents at such a young age. Everything they did is for our good--"

I got up, pulling him up by his collar and pushed him against the wall. He groaned in pain as his head hit the wall. "That's what you always said. How is that action bring good to us!?" I clenched my teeth as I speak.

"Tell me!" I tightened the grip. "Did they kidnap the missing child? Did they kidnap the missing son!?"

"Jiho! Stop it!" He pushed my hand away as I stepped back a bit. "What's gotten into you?" He asked worriedly. He suddenly grabbed my head, looking straight into my angry eyes.

"What have you done, child?"

He knew?

"What kind of blood did you drink recently!?"

My eyes widened as he guess right. I shouldn't start the fight and use my power. Shit!

I pushed both of his hand off me and head to the exit door. Whatever, it's not like he can stop me. What happens, happens.

---

I stared at the sleeping boy in his room. It's really you? How come I didn't recognize him before. So that's mean, my parents were one of the vampires that attack his family? My parents did that?

"But you're the reason why my parents is dead"

I muttered, looking at him asleep. He suddenly opened his eyes slowly and turnes his gaze to me.

"Hanbin?" He asked in a very slow tone. He proceeded to get up as I made my way out through the window, leaving it open.

---

"Where have you been? It's already morning" The concern girl ask, already ready in her new school uniform.

"I'm not going. You should go now, you'll be late" I told her weakly, feeling myself a little hot and sweating. "You looks sick. I'm not going too"

She held my arm gently. "You should eat first" She sound worried as she quickly undress herself but not before I stopped her. "You should hurry to school. Don't worry about me" I sighed.

"I need you tell Jinhee to come here after school" I ordered. She didn't look that happy yet I just walked away. "Tell her to come alone"

I said before she closed he door. I headed to the kitchen and took a sachet of blood in the fridge, regular cow blood is fine. I need it to take with my medicine.

I stood under the shower, my palms on the wall as my head hanged low.

"Did they kidnap the missing son?"

Why there's no answer for that? Is it true?

---

"You're here" I managed to sit up on my own. She sat there on the bed beside me in her school uniform.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded at her question as I slowly reached for her hand, holding it in my both hand. "I took some medicine before. I'm fine now" I smiled weakly.

"I have something to tell you" My voice became serious. I wanted to tell her, my parents kidnap a boy and the boy is Kwon Jiyong.

"What is it?" She became more curious. "I'm sleepy" I grinned, couldn't tell the story. She chuckled, "Silly"

"Sleep here with me" I moved a bit, giving her space to lay down. I laid down first then she hesitated but lay down at the end.

"This reminds me of us when we're 5 years old" She smiled. True, that time when everything is beautiful and nothing to worry about.

"I wish we're 5 years old right now" A small smiled created on my lips. The time when we were together. Now it seems like you are you, me is me.

"Sleep now" She ruffled my hair with a smile. I slowly closed my eyes, knowing she'll be there when I wake up, falling asleep without any worries.

---

"Take care!" I waved at her leaving my house. Suddenly, I realized it feel so quiet in the house when it shouldn't be that.

"Jennie" I knocked on her door. I completely forgot about her, oh my god. "Jennie!" I knocked a bit louder. She finally opened the door but just slightly, I can't barely see her.

"Have you eaten?" Seeing her this way kinda worried me. "Yes" She answered softly. "What's wrong?" I tried to open the door a bit wider but she refused too.

"Maybe you should go after her and leave me alone!" She slammed the door in front of my face and locked it.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I questioned from the outside. Do we really have to fight like this?

[ Jinhee's POV ]

"Where are we going, Jisoo?" I asked, my hand being pulled by this excited girl. "I found a very pretty flower around her. You have to take a look!" She ran a bit. Is she know where are we?

"But the teacher told us not to come near the construction site. It's dangerous" I tried to convince her to go back to the class. "Don't worry, I came here a lot, nothing will happen" She giggled.

"Jisoo, stop!" I pulled her back before getting closer to the construction site. "You see that? It says 'Safety First'. Sure nothing will happen, don't worry too much" She still can smile and pull me again to her direction.

"J-Jisoo.." My voice almost doesn't come out when I saw a crane carrying metal pipes on top of us. I looked closer at it and I could see the rope is about to break.

I gasped softly when I saw the rope break with my own eyes. "Jisoo!" I pushed her far from me and I covered my head before I felt a bunch of metal pipes fall on top of me, making wounds all over my body.

I panted loudly, feeling week with the sudden attack. I found myself on the ground, covered in blood.

"Jinhee!"

She's save. That's a relief. She suddenly covered her mouth while looking at me with surprise. I looked at myself who already start to quick healing.

No, she saw me.

No, Jisoo, no!