27*Lingering Question

Taylor and Abigail had spent the rest of the drive talking about her adventures with Adam. To her credit, Abigail had backed off after she initially tried to get every detail she could out of Taylor.

Taylor hadn't wanted to divulge too much of her and Adam's conversation, because it was sensitive information she knew Adam didn't want discussed. But she'd told Abigail all about how Adam had made her realize she needed to be honest about her feelings in their friendship. Abigail shared her thankfulness for that.

It was just after 2AM when the purple sedan pulled onto Taylor's street, stopping at the corner so Taylor could sneak back into her room undetected. She made sure to thank Abigail for the ride and great evening before stepping into the quiet, warm air. She'd smiled and waved as the car rumbled by her, heading for the still-cracked window.

Now, she's laying in her bed, staring at the ceiling. She's thinking about Adam. She's thinking about what Adam is thinking about. She's thinking about why she's thinking about him. Why her heart speeds up, the very second, he pops into her thoughts. Why she wishes they'd had even a little more time together. Why, even at two in the morning, she wants him here with her.

It's enough to provide confirmation that she likes him. And she desperately wants to know, if he feels the same. Does he have somebody waiting on him? Who does he love? That lingering question keeps her up, she's wide awake.

A soft breeze squeezes in through her partially-opened window, grabbing her attention. It calls her. Almost pleading. The light of the bright, white Moon creating a path on her carpet to follow. She reaches the window and pulls the sheer, off-white curtains framing it completely open and the Moon is fully revealed to her.

Taylor shifts the bottom of the window up, creating a bigger gap. The breeze picks up again, gently grazing her cheeks. She inhales deeply, loving the peacefulness and calmness of this town at 2AM. The lovely smell of the wind, the note of sweetness, is comforting. Her eyes slowly close as happiness invades her soul.

Her mind races back to thoughts of Adam. Missing him. Their playful conversation. The quick remarks. The smattering of chocolate daises that surrounded them. Like the two that now have a permeant residence on her bedside table. That way, she can smell that heavenly chocolate smell, forever.

Her eyes shoot open.

The wind.

The sweet smell.

Chocolate.