29*Passing Notes in Secrecy

On the ground, beneath her window, lays a bouquet of chocolate daisies. Now that she knows what they are, she recognizes them easily. Like a flashlight, the moonlight shines on it. It isn't a very big bouquet, but it's there. At least, she thinks it's there. She hesitates to grab it, aware that she could be dreaming. That she probably is dreaming. How could he possibly know where she lives?

Suddenly realizing that there's a chance that he was here, at her house, under her window, feet from her, she searches the street for any sign of him. When she comes up empty, she doesn't fail to notice the deep drop her heart takes from disappointment. The returning breeze reminds her, that she does have his gift. Even if she doesn't have him.

She stands on her tippy toes and reaches down to grab the bouquet, careful not to disturb any of the thin, yellow petals. She's grasping it tightly, pressing it to her nose for a richer scent. She turns back to her room, planning on reuniting her two daises with the bunch. She delicately picks the duo up, pushing their stems inside the carefully tied piece of grass enclosing the bouquet.

Taylorhalts her movements when she sports a piece of rolled up paper among the stems.Her task is forgotten as she trades the two flowers for the scroll. She walksback to her window after unrolling it, needing the light from the Moon to readthe secret note. She sets the bouquet and loose two on the windowsill, guidingthe note into the moonlight.