10. No Worries

Jamie had been riding around with my uncles since 4:30, and they've been gone for about an hour, or so. I was making myself a snack in the kitchen when my aunt, Natalie, came in.

"So," She said. "What's it like dating Mr. Hunky?"

I spit out my juice. Literally. I grabbed a towel and wiped my mouth. "'Mr. Hunky'?" I laughed as she nodded. "Great.. he's a great guy. I've loved him as somebody I looked up to, and now we're together, and it just doesn't seem real."

"How long have you been together?"

"Well, we've known each other since the 13th, and we talked those two weeks, and we actually got together on the 25th. We've been together for 3 days, and they've honestly been the most memorable 3 days of my life."

She smiled at me. "Being in a relationship can be really hard, and even though it's only been 3 days, I think you both have the potential to last. You just have to work at it. You can't get lazy on each other, because otherwise, it's just not gonna work. I promise. I can tell that you care about him. I mean, it's pretty obvious. You cussed out your own cousins for him, and you left your family reunion just to go to his house with him for not even an hour."

I smiled. "I really care about him."

"He cares about you, too. You can see it, just by the way he looks at you. I know that look.. your uncle Mike looks at me like that, a lot."

"I know," I replied, nodding with a happy grin. "I see it, too." Speaking of them, Jamie, Mike, and my other two uncles, Thomas and Jared, walked into the kitchen. I watched as uncle Mike lovingly buried his face into her neck, kissing softly. I smiled at them. I want that. I really, really want that..

Jamie made his way over to where I was standing and greeted me with a soft kiss on my temple. "Hey, baby." He whispered close to my head. He stood beside of me, attempting to poke me in the ribs. "Stop, Jamie, I swear to god." It tickled. And he knew that was a big weakness on me. He then started tickling me for the second time today. I took control by tickling him this time, and hearing him laugh out of joy, and not anything else, was one of the best sounds to ever travel through my ears. He pulled me to him and buried his nose in my hair, hugging me tightly.

"Get a room, damn." Jared said, getting something out of the fridge behind us. I pulled away and jokingly hit him. "Stop being immature." I giggled. Jamie took my hands into his and looked down at me.

"What do you wanna do?" He was referring to the date. I pondered for a bit, going through our options. "Anything is fine with me." He reassured.

"We could go eat somewhere, and then just ride around, if you want." I suggested. He smiled at me. "That's perfect. I'll go grab my coat."

"Wait." I stopped him. "I have to go tell mom and dad, and I'm gonna go upstairs and put on something warmer.. and nicer." He smiled, nodding. I made my way through the crowds of family members, finally stumbling across my parents. "Jamie wants to take me out. We won't be long, we just wanted to go out, and do something. Is that okay?" I asked, seriously hoping and praying that I would be allowed.

They nodded, dad slipping money into my hand. "Be careful, and be home around 11 tonight, at the most." I agreed, hugging both of them.

"Are they all staying here tonight?" I asked. Dad looked so annoyed. "Yes, unfortunately, they are.. which is why we're letting you go, because I heard about your little cussing spree on your cousins, and I don't wanna hear anymore of it. It's best that you just have your own time with your boyfriend." He said.

I laughed, going back upstairs to change into something else. What to wear, what to wear.. I went through literally every article of clothing I owned, including dresses, shirts, jeans.. everything. I didn't want to dress too nice, but I didn't want to slack off, either.. I began rummaging through the clothes again, settling on multi-colored patterned leggings, a dressy black shirt, nice black shoes, and a cardigan that matched one of the colors on the leggings. I put my hair up in a bun, grabbed my phone off of the counter, and headed back downstairs.