11. Sober

• fucked up is my new sober •

Theo woke up first. He looked around to see Troy and Nick sleeping not too far apart. While Liam was curled at his feet the beta's head on his lap. He smiled running his hands through the boy's hair a few times.

He looked around and saw his sweatshirt. He grabbed it and lifted Liam's head carefully trying not to wake the beta. The chimera put the sweatshirt underneath Liam's head and got up.

The beta stirred but didn't wake up which Theo was thankful for. He stretched hearing a few cracks and pops then looked around. He cringed at the things around the store. He needed to breathe.

Theo walked over to the front door and listened for anything outside. When he only heard a few of the undead he carefully opened the door. He stepped outside and closed the door behind him.

He smiled looking around to only see one walker coming toward him. The few others that were roaming around seemed to just be out of the range of noticing him.

The chimera took a deep breath before lunging at the walker. He drove his claws into the back of the walker's neck but immediately regretted it. His eyes widened when he saw this mans life flash before his eyes.

He saw so many things. He saw his childhood, his high school life, he saw the man get married and have two kids. He saw the apocalypse start when the kids were only ten and eleven years old. He then saw that this man had gotten bitten and told his family to leave him. But soon after he found them dead and turned then he turned as well.

Theo backed up from the now dead walker eyes wider than when he realized Liam had brought him back from hell. He took deep breaths and tried to calm himself from what he just saw. It eventually worked and he stood up off the pavement. He rubbed his forehead with his forearm and blinked a few times.

"What the hell?" He said to himself looking down at the walker.

He stared at it for what he thought was seconds but then it was much more than that. He felt a tear got down his face as he stared at it.

Theo could see it just like he was the man. All his memories. All the good and bad. He felt the mans emotions. He felt the pain, hurt, anger, sadness, depression of when he found his family dead.

Then Theo heard the skid of tires and whipped his head to the left. His eyes widened when he saw a large van going at high speed toward him.

"Shit," Theo muttered wanting to go back inside but found his feet glued to the ground.

By the time he finally could move the van was only meters away. He turned to go back inside the store where Liam, Troy, and Nick were. But before he could the door of the van opened and a man holding a metal bat leaned out. It was then that Theo thought harder than he'd ever thought in his life. He realized it was to late at that moment.

So instead he pulled out his claws and ripped his shirt off. He made sure to claw his chest a bit as well so there was blood on the shirt. Then as he bat hit him in the head the shirt fell the ground along with his body.

💫

Liam woke up to see Theo wasn't next to him. Looked around to see only Troy and Nick were in the store with him now.

He got up and looked around the store when he found it was empty except for the three of them.

Liam then went outside thinking, hoping, that maybe Theo was outside. All he found was the sent of his blood and the chimeras t-shirt that was covered in it.

A/N: Oof sorry it's been so long guys. I've been busy with my awards book, school, work, and a bunch of other stuff. Sorry this is short. I'll try to get more chapters out this month.