13. Milky Eyes

• it was when he looked into the others eyes that he knew the boy was gone •

Theo growled but then stopped seeing Liam, Troy, and Nick standing there. He looked at them confused but then saw the bloody shirt in Liam's hand.

"I never thought I'd be so happy to see you guys." Theo said making Liam roll his eyes. Theo went over and looked at the dead bodies laying over the edge of the sink looking thing.

"You're welcome?" Troy said making Liam turn and glare.

"You didn't do anything—" but before Liam could continue to start a fight with Troy, Theo interrupted him.

"We should go." Theo said pushing Liam toward the door as he saw one of the dead mans hands move around.

"Yep, lets get the hell out of here." Liam said hearing that dead man growl.

They all headed out the door as the walker got up. It lunged at them but Nick got the door closed before he could get the them. The all let out a breath relaxing as Troy put a pole in the handle and then the pipe beside the door keeping it closed.

Then there were multiple screams and they looked to the right to see people running, screaming, and being eaten by walkers. The group of four went wide eyed staring at the bloody scene a few feet away from them.

"You let walkers into this place?!" Theo said as they started to run the other way.

"Why are you complaining? These people cannibals!" Troy said as they ran the opposite way of the chaos.

The four made it to the back fence not seeing a way out. They looked along the fence not seeing anything. But then Nick saw an opening a few feet down.

"This way!" He said going toward the opening Liam and Troy following the boy. Theo took a glance back and saw a horde of walkers coming toward them.

"We gotta go! Now!" Theo said as Troy crawled through the hole after Nick had.

Theo had grabbed a stray pipe and was sticking it through dead mans heads. All he was trying to do was give them time to get out. But then he heard a scream and Liam went down. Theo turned to fence to see Liam on the ground two walkers on top of him.

The chimera ran over pulling one off and sticking the pipe in the walkers head. Theo helped Liam up who grunted in pain.

"You okay?" The boy asked making Liam nod.

The boy winced as he crawled through the opening in the fence that Troy was holding open. Theo stabbed a few more walkers before going through the hole himself.

The four of them ran into the forest never to come back to the evil place that was now over run.

💫

They'd been running for hours once they had found out people were following them. The four of them were exhausted, sweaty, and needed a rest more than ever.

Nick was breathing quite heavy and his legs hurt like a bitch. Troy wasn't too bad he was sweaty and breathing heavy but that was it. Theo was breathing a bit heavily but he was okay. Liam on the other hand. He looked like hell. He was pale sweaty and heaving like he had run twenty miles at full sprint but as a human.

They were running for about fifteen more minutes before Liam collapsed. The three other boys turned and went wide eyed.

"Liam!"

They all gathered around the boy. Theo turned him on his back and brought the beta into his lap.

"Liam? What's going on? Are you okay?" Nick asked as Troy checked the boy over for wounds.

"I'm sorry. I—I'm sorry." Liam said looking up at Theo as Troy pulled up his sleeve.

They all looked at Liam's arm in shock. There right above the boy's wrist was a bite. It was bleeding and had ugly veins around it.

"I'm—I'm sorry." Liam said making Theo shake his head looking back up into Liam's eyes.

Liam's beautiful ocean blue eyes. Theo would get lost in them all the time. He loved them so much. But he and the other two boys knew they would soon turn to a milky colour. One that would be terrifying to look at.

"It's okay. There's nothing to be sorry for. Why are you sorry?" Theo said making Liam look up with tears in his beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"Because I never th—thanked you. So thank you." Liam said making Theo frown not sure why this boy would thank him.

"For what Li?" Theo asked making Liam smile and reach up to touch Theo's cheek.

"F—for being my anchor. Being there for me. And not leaving my ass back in New York. Because you could have." Liam said tears coming to Theo's eyes as the beta continued. "Thank you for caring about me." Liam said making Theo smile brushing the hair out of the boy's face as Liam turned to the other two boys.

"Take care of him for me?" Liam's aid nodding to Theo making the two boys nod. "And thanks for helping us. Even though you didn't have to. Thanks for not thinking of us as monsters." Liam said making Troy and Nick smile at the boy. Troy gave the younger boy's shoulder a squeeze while Nick smiled at the beta.

"Thanks for being the riot that you are Liam." Troy said making the boy smile as his cold skin continued to pale under Theo's warm fingertips.

"Yeah, buddy thanks for being so much fun." Nick said then Liam's eyes looked up into Theo's.

It was when Theo looked into the other boy's eyes that he knew the beta was gone. He knew that he wouldn't survive.

Then they all heard some yells and guns cocking. That made all their eyes widen as they looked in the direction behind them.

"Go. Leave I'm dying anyways." Liam said making Theo look back at the boy shaking his head but Liam just used his strength to reach up and lay his hand on Theo's cheek. "It's okay. You'll be okay. Find the pack. Tell them I loved them." Liam said wiping a tear that fell from Theo's eye. The chimera nodded leaning down and kissing the other boy's forehead.

"I love you." He mumbled against the boy's sweaty pale cold skin.

Liam tensed. He didn't know if he loved Theo or not. He wished he had more time to figure it out. But he didn't. Before he could respond Theo interrupted him eyes connecting with the betas once again.

"Goodbye baby wolf."

"Bye Theo."