II - Ano

I started walking on the red carpet, pausing once in a while as the camera flashes on me.

A champagne-colored Venetian style dress made by Alexander Mcqueen hugs my body tonight. Paired with a black stiletto, I entered the venue with a smile on my face.

This ball is exclusive for the talents of the network.

Once I’ve entered the hall, I immediately caught the attention of everyone. Paul isn’t with me, he’s currently shooting an international advertisement in Japan.

“Idle, dear. You look stunning tonight!” Tita Vina said as she kissed me on the cheek.

She’s wearing a long black dress with minimal glitters on the hem. Her hair was curled; even her make-up is matching her dress so well.

“Thank you, Tita Vina. I love your dress!”

“It’s a Michael Cinco. I finally got him to design for me,” she smiled.

“Anyway, congratulations on gaining a 43.5% rating on your latest episode, hija. Hindi talaga kami nagkamali nang pagkuha sa iyo, I hope you also enjoy your stay here in the network.”

Tita Vina is one of the board members of the network. She was a former actress back in the days.

Nagpasalamat ako sa kaniya and she left me as she has to greet other stars as well.

The party started. Boring speeches from the management, celebrities showing off their outfits, taking of pictures here and there…basically it’s the usual.

Noong bago pa ako sa ganitong industriya hindi ko maintindihan kung para saan ba ang mga ganitong party and now I’ve realized that it was all just a show.

We artists are just supposed to show everyone that we are on the top.

I’ve been enduring these kinds of parties for years. And tonight, I want to ditch it for once. With a glass of wine on my hand, I rode the hotel’s elevator and pushed for the 25th floor.

Dumiretso ako sa isang pinto sa dulo ng pasilyo. Binuksan ko ito at tumambad sa akin ang paborito kong lugar. The cold breeze immediately brought chills to my skin. Right, it’s almost December now. 

Madalas ako sa hotel na ito dahil palaging imbitado ang mga top stars ng network sa iba’t-ibang klaseng gathering—mapa-business man iyan o initimate occasions.

I wasn’t actually the one who discovered this somewhat hidden balcony. It was someone I used to be close with. Bago pa lamang akong artista noon, naalala ko na sa sobrang bagot ko sa isang event na dinaluhan ko rito ay inaya ko siyang maglibot sa hotel.

Hanggang sa nakarating kami sa floor na ito at hindi inaasahang makita ang nakatagong balkonahe. Noong una ay nagustuhan ko ang lugar dahil sa magagandang ilaw sa gabi na kitang-kita mula sa kinatatayuan ko.

Until it has become a place where I can be myself.

I went near the railings made of bricks and steel. Inilapag ko ang wine glass na dala, hinilig ko rin ang aking katawan sa harang ng balkonahe.

There were a lot of stars tonight which means it won’t rain. Hindi talaga ako mapapagod na tignan ang mga bituin, ang mga ito rin ang madalas kong pampakalma sa sarili. Minsan rin ay hindi ko mapigilang makaramdam ng inggit sa mga ito.

Mabuti pa sila maaaring magpahinga kapag dumating na ang araw, ako kaya…kalian kaya ako makakapagpahinga?

I shook away that thought and brought the wine glass to my lips.

I’m glad they served my favorite drink in here, madalas kasi ay nagtitipid rin sa mga ganitong event upang mas malaki ang kanilang kikitain kaysa sa nagastos.