Part 2.

“Ok, no that’s no problem. Thank you. Bye.”

I curiously looked up from the TV-screen. “What’s wrong?” John walked to the kitchen and came back with two glasses in one hand, and a bottle of white wine in the other. “That Italian place had a huge order about five minutes ago. It can take about an hour before we get our food.” I looked at John with huge eyes. “But I’m hungry.” I moaned. John couldn’t hide the hint of a smile on his face. “Yeah, you should really eat more for lunch.”                   

 I sighed. “Yeah, but you said we’d get pizza. And I’m never able to finish one on my own. I thought that if I’d eat less, I’d maybe be able to eat more.” John laughed. “I know, you told me that while you were eating that yoghurt-fruit-thing.” I sighed again. He was right. “Yeah, ok. But that doesn’t take away the fact that I’m starving.”

He chuckled and poured out some whine into the glasses. Then he handed me one. I finished it before he had even filled his own. “Wow, boozer, do you have to get drunk?” John chuckled again. I laughed too, but shook my head. “No, but I have to get something into my stomach. I think I’ll faint if I don’t.” John roared with laughter. “Yeah, alcohol is exactly what you need if there’s no food in your stomach… It’s a wonder you’re not blonde.” he said, and he pulled at a lock of my dark brown hair.  I pushed his hand away and poured in another glass of wine. “Don’t drink too much, Ly.” John advised me, looking at me with some kind of sparkle in his eyes and the hint of a smile on his lips. I pouted. “It was meant for you to cook, not for me to get drunk. But since you’re not cooking, I’m getting drunk way too easily.” I said, acting as if I was insulting him. Then we both looked each other in the eye for a brief moment, and started to laugh. “We sound like a married couple.” John said after he was done laughing. I still shook a little, and while I did, I couldn’t help but (maybe it was the alcohol) imagine what it would be like. For that short moment I saw us hand in hand walking through Central Park. I saw us sitting in this very couch, all cuddled up. I saw us kissing, right here, at this very moment.

With a shock I got back in the present and was glad that the action on TV made that much noise. “Eh, Ly, it’s ok if you don’t think you can take the wine right now, since your stomach is empty. But there’s no need to spill it like that.” John said, holding back a smile. I looked at the glass in my hand and saw it lean over so much that wine was dripping my shirt. Well, not just dripping. There was a huge stain on my white shirt. I groaned. “Shit.” John laughed.  I took the shirt off, I was wearing a white top underneath, so it didn’t matter.

About half an hour later our food finally arrived. We sat down on our knees at the low table in the living room and ate our pizzas there. John asked me if I’d like to taste from his pizza, and so I did. I asked him the same, and also he tasted. Ever since he mentioned it, I couldn’t get the image of us being married, or just being a couple, out of my head. It really took some concentration to keep my head at our conversation about pizzas.

But thank God, it wasn’t the hardest subject to talk about.