somebody that i used to love ♥️

I turned around, looking into his eyes
there he was.
the one who broke my heart.
the one who helped me break my own heart.
the boy who abandoned me on the fear of social awkwardness.
but at the same time, he's the only one I ever wanted to see.
his dorky smile lit up the room as if it was dull without him. like the room was nothing before he walked in.
he brushed his long dark bangs out of his eyes, girlfriend by his side.
"Hey Stevie, can you help me with my math homework. I'm not sure on the steps."
that gal looked at him as if she was gonna kill him.
looking at us, his  girlfriend added: "I would help him but he's too much of a idiot."
I smirked.
at that point, we all were laughing on the inside.
after a few minutes of Stevie's disapproving glaring at him, she answered offensively, "excuse me but I'm not even in geometry, I took it last year."
I added "besides I should be the one you'd ask, I'm the only one who can still tolerate you." although inside I knew he sucked.
I glanced a Stevie. Stevie me a skeptical look.
finally, he looked at me. he knows that no matter what I'd be there for him.
even when he's an ass.
witch, in my opinion, is always.
"do you understand circumference?"
my mind going blank I started answering  before I could think
"sure."
I saw the satisfaction of my answer on his face. he grabbed his girl's hand and started walking away. there he went. out of my life again.
as I faced Stevie her stair spoke volumes.
she didn't even need to say anything.
"why did you do that? he doesn't deserve your help. his idea of help is not actually help."
this is something I've know for a while. still, I feel myself coming back to him, somehow I convince myself I do the right thing. but it just makes it worse. suddenly the 4-minute bell pierced my thoughts.
as we started to leave the cafe, we changed the subject to our science class assignment, and how once again their just giving us busy work.
strolling out the cafe towards s-hall, together we met up with Nick, who's in our first-hour science with us.
as we entered the class the bright florescent lights awoke me more than I already was. we noticed on the neat three rows of desks there was a sheet of paper on them. as I approached my seat, in the middle of the last row, I noticed it was just another boring, useless worksheet. as Stevie and Nick sat in their spots, next to each other in the front of the room. they started the assignment as the final bell rang.
surprisingly there were only 15 students on our filled class of 37.
the empty class felt more barren than usually. that's saying a lot. the only homey touches in the room where the bookshelf on the west wall and the wooden board I. the front of the room. unlike the other classes, this room didn't get the new whiteboard upgrades.
as the last two kids that came entered the class Mrs. Mia went to the front of her classroom to address us.
"ok class, well those of you who showed up, let's get started."