Chapter 2 - The sleepover to end all sleepovers.

Lele flounces into my room plopping all her luggage onto the floor. Almost knocking Blythe out in the process. Blythe had the good idea of scurrying out of my room at this point. And we would probably find her hours later under the dining table. Yeah, she didn’t like Lele much. “Um, you’re meant to be staying for one night right?” I question sarcastically. Lele flips her curly blonde hair over her shoulder and said in a prim English accent, one equal to Mary Poppins “a lady always is prepared.” I scoff, "you a lady? Don’t make me laugh!” Lele frowns and puts her hands on her hips. “Why can’t I be one? I’m certainly more of a lady than you!”

 I throw up both hands “woah, woah I never said I was a lady!” “Certainly not.” Lele sniffs. “Okay now that we’ve insulted each other, come and give me a hug lady Lele!” I squawk. All previous traded insults forgotten; Lele tackles me on to my bed and practically strangled me to near death, hollering “Oh how long it’s been since I’ve seen my beautiful disaster!” I hug her with equal fervour. Lele abruptly pulled from my arms. “Oh! You wait till you see what I’ve brought with me!”

 Lele jumps from my bed making her way to the over flowing amount of bags at my door. “It looks like you’ve bought a shop out!” I exclaim. “Well I brought all the stuff I could bring to help my friend get over the boy she likes!” Lele rummages through her endless amount bags while I observed. Jeeze that girl can pack for an army. Lele plucks a bunch of DVD’s from her bag “I googled what are good films to watch after you’ve broke up with someone.” Lele yammers jumping up and down with excitement. It seems like Lele takes pleasure in my pain I muse. “Lele, I never actually went out with Ty. You know that don’t you?” Lele rolls her eyes and shrugs. “Well it’s the same thing! You want to get over someone you like isn’t it?” I nodded “well tada these are your saviours! I have Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Oh Jim Carrey you make me cry!” she put'sher hand on her chest. “Like Crazy, this is such a cute film! 500 Days Of Summer. God, this movie.” Lele ducks her head and pinches the bridge of her nose whispering to herself “don’t cry, don’t cry.” She holds up the last DVD “And my personal favourite! P.S. I Love You!” she clutches the DVD to her chest sighing dreamily. I'm horrified “These DVD’s.... They will make me cry won’t they?” I implore. “Well duh!” she exclaims. “But I don’t want to cry! I just want to watch funny films and laugh and have fun! Not mope about my failed attempt at a relationship!” I plead. I've already done that enough.

 Lele stomps over to me and shoves her finger into my face “No! You are sad, you will cry!”I  grab Lele’s finger and stand up looking into her eyes praying that she’ll listen to me. “Look Lele, I’ve already cried enough. I’ve been sad, hated that I couldn’t get over this one stupid boy I can’t even speak to. So while you here can you help me be happy?” She looks down guiltily and mumbles “you don’t look that sad Ron”. Now for the killer. I wave my hand around my face. “Look at my face Lele. This is constructed for your benefit. If I was here on my own I would be sitting there” I motion to  my bed. “On Tumblr reading depression blogs. So no thank you. I don’t want to be sad with you here too!” I rave. 

Lele huffs and walks over to her pyramid of bags and shoves the DVD’s back into them. “Well you’re lucky I brought back ups”. She then pulls out another bunch of DVDs from the same bag. “Well I have the usual sleepover movies. Clueless, The Princess diaries, 13 going on 30, Mean Girls and The Other Women.” 

“Perfect!” I yell. Huh, she is always prepared . “But I don’t want to watch them right now.” Lele nods and pauses for a second. She then curses and starts rummaging around all of her bags again. “What’s wrong Lele? You look like a kid that has lost their stash of sweets!” Lele’s alarmed eyes meet mine “where’s your freezer?” She demands. “What why?” I question. “Because the ice cream is going to melt!” She screeches. I then curse also and run to my door “follow me quickly!” Lele scrambles up holding the dripping bag of Ice cream. We ran through the living room to the Kitchen skidding on the polished wood floor. We stuff all the flavours of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream into my freezer Karamel Sutra, Dough-ble Whammy, Baked Alaska and Cookie Dough. Oh the calories, but they will taste so good.