Prologue;

Life was always full of ups and downs, but in my case, it feels as if the certain someone, who looks over me from above, absolutely enjoys me going through hard times.

Judging by my appearance, I bet no one would be able to tell what I have to go through everyday. I manage to remain cheerful, I can even be happy as if nothing is wrong. I must be confusing people around me, and myself as well..

My family is consisted of 4 members; mom, dad, little sister Yuna and me. But it's my family that makes me face tough times.

My dad is an unemployed alcoholic who only yells, commands me or my little sister around. Whenever he's drunk, he gets very aggressive which makes me take my little sister outside for a while. I never want him to hurt my sister.

You might be wondering where our mom was. She has been in the hospital for most of my highschool life until now. She was diagnosed with lung cancer in its last and life-threatening phase. She always cries when me and Yuna come to visit her because she blames herself for the absence she was having with us. Me and Yuna always reassure her that we've got each other and that I was already grown-up so I could provide support for my sister by myself. I am 5 years older than Yuna which makes me feel responsible for her. I'm 22 years old and have been taking care of her since I was 16. That was the time when dad lost his job and started to drown himself in the bottles, finding an answer there.

For most of my life, I've been Yuna's provider of her dreams. Whenever she needed money for her studies, I gave her mine from the salary I've earned. Ever since dad became unemployed, the first thing I've done was to get myself some part-time jobs. Unfortunately, one part time job wasn't enough to feed my dad and Yuna. My first part-time job was me giving out flyers to passerbys in front of one shopping centre. The second one was chicken wings delivery, and the third and the last one, was me working in an idol company, that was starting, as a staff member.

It has become a routine for me since then. Highschool, staff member in BigHit, delivery girl at night while adding flyers to all offers. My day started at 5 am and ended at 1 am the following day. It's been like that until now.

One day, Yuna came to me and told me about her dream of becoming an idol. Her hidden motivation was me because she hated seeing me stressed every single day. It was also her dream, but instead, she always wanted to help me out, to help me get rid off the unbelievable stress. So with my financial help and support, she became a trainee in JYP entertainment. It was quite expensive for me, so I was working twice as hard which made me almost unable to see Yuna.

Fortunately, I managed to graduate from highschool and got employed by all those three part-time jobs. They all were grateful for my service and loyalty.

Although out of all three of them, I preferred working in BigHit because I liked the environment there. Everyone was like a big family there which made the environment more enjoyable.

The first time after I got accepted to the company, I had nothing much to do because auditions were still in process. Though one day, I was informed by my boss that I should go and greet the new trainees that had just got accepted.

Flashback;

I headed to the meeting room where they were seated and waiting for me. I was quite nervous because I didn't know what to expect from these boys. What if they were selfish and would make my job a lot harder than it already was?

As soon as I got inside, I could hear everyone stand up frantically. Once I stepped inside and was now the center of attention, I lifted my head to now face 7 boys who were scanning me with their eyes that were sparkling with curiosity - same as mine.

"A-Are you the person who's in charge of taking care of us?" asked a boy with sunglasses.

I was a bit taken aback by his image. He looked tough and the first impression of him seemed as if he was someone who was going to bring me troubles.

"Ne.. It's nice to meet you, my name is Shin Bon-Gi and my job is to make sure that you all are feeling comfortable and have everything you need.." I bowed in order to introduce myself respectfully.

"I'm Kim Seokjin. The oldest one of the group." said boy who was the closest to me as he smiled at me warmly.

"Min Yoongi.." said the other quietly as I kept bowing to each boy.

"Jung Hoseok, nice to meet you~" he said cheerfully, "My name's Park Jimin, please take care of us." he bowed with a gentle smile, "I'm Kim Taehyung, but feel free to call me Tae!" he grinned from ear to ear, "Jeon Jungkook.." said the youngest-looking boy as my eyes met with his.

He looked lost and so small. How old was this precious boy?

"I am Kim Namjoon.. The leader of the group that is about to form." he took off his sunglasses that made me look him in the eyes now.

In an instant, I realized that he was really insecure about his eyes. For me, they looked completely alright and they fit his features, however, they were different from others which made me feel a bit understanding. But I wasn't pitying him..

I smiled at him, but he suddenly approached me which made me realize just how taller he was than me. I was looking like a doll next to him.

"May I ask you how come that a girl... of our age.. is in charge of taking care of us?" he asked with a deeper tone. It wasn't threatening voice though, he was most likely confused and curious.

"... I need a way to make money, right?" I smiled, trying my hardest to not sound defensive which I was getting.

Was he going to discriminate me based on my age as everyone I have met previously?..

"Hyung.. Don't ask her personal things like that.." smiled Jimin gently which made Namjoon snap back to reality, "Ohh.. Mian.." he said with a troubled look, "It's okay. It's not only me who is going to take care of you, I'm just one of those people, so don't worry." I said.

End of the flashback.