|Links|

|Lotus Cortez|

It was really nice of him, trying to defend me but I know my place in the world.

"Dan, where do you think–" I was interrupted by a hand gripping my shoulder gently so I turned around "Mr. Carlyle," I gulped "I'm so sorry about that–"

"No no," he shook his head "you have nothing to apologize for, I will speak to the owner of the building about his shitty security."

"Thank you, Sir but it's really nothing," I sighed "you shouldn't be seen with me, please go back inside."

He was hesitant about leaving me alone, I am shaken up but it's fine and it isn't his duty to help me; he has better things to do "I'm leaving you because I have to get to that meeting but go back to the house, we'll talk when I get back."

I nodded "Good luck, Sir," Dan opened the door for me and in hopped in looking down.

On the way back I tried to take my mind off the fact that I still had to go to the bathroom which was tricky but I made it back. I thanked Dan and ran into the house using the service door, went upstairs to my room and sighed when I finally peed.

After washing my hands I took my snow jacket and beanie off then I went downstairs to the kitchen "Are you visiting your family for Christmas?" Ella asked.

The staff leaves today for Christmas break but I have nowhere to go, Clara is in Russia and Nathan blocked me everywhere so I'm officially staying here "Yeah but I'll leave tomorrow morning," I smiled softly.

I rather tell her a lie than the truth because she'll feel pity for me and I don't want that. I had to tell Mr. Carlyle the truth because he is my boss and if I lie to him it can bring negative consequences my way.

"Going back to the city of sin?" Chloe asked walking into the kitchen with gloves on.

I nodded "Yeah."

"Fun times, go to a casino for me," she giggled "I have to go finish."

I already finished since only three of the five guys are here and as I said before, they're not messy at all which surprises me "Do you need my help?" I cleared my throat looking at Ella.

"Help me mop the rooms?"

I nodded "Let's go."

I went to get the second mop and then we went upstairs to finish, she did two rooms and I did too since she had already done one before taking a break to eat her toast. Just before we were done Emerson called everyone for lunch but we finished first and then went to eat our slice of homemade pizza; the chef is really nice and really good at what he does so it was delicious.

I haven't been to Italy but that's how pizzas must taste over there.

After lunch everyone went to get their things ready to leave, the Chef left Mr. Carlyle and Mr. O'Brien's dinner in the fridge so I can just heat it up. At around 6:30 pm Ella left, she was the last one, she gave me a tight hug and wished me a happy Christmas.

I went back into the house and stood in front of the Christmas tree, it's so big and beautiful but there are no gifts underneath; for many Christmases my nana didn't have money to buy any presents for me so she would just buy me a new pair of socks and fill it with little papers that had written beautiful things on them.