|Better than I look|

|Ace Carlyle|

I've been fucking a lot, running a lot, drinking a lot and you know, doing a lot of the things I enjoy the most. Yesterday I went to get Lotus back because she didn't deserve what I did to her, I didn't deserve what Emily and my father did to me so I know how she felt when Emerson kicked her out following my orders.

Lotus walked into the room at around 6:30 am, I was about to get in the shower but instead, I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out "Good morning, Lotus."

"Good morning, Mr. Carlyle," she said as she picked up my clothes from the floor.

"How did you sleep?" I asked watching her.

"Good," she replied as she put the clothes in a basket "and you?"

I shrugged "Okay, I guess."

She stopped and looked at me "Valerian tea, it helps with insomnia, even better than chamomile."

A half-smile played on my lips "Add it to the grocery list."

"I can go get it myself so you don't have to wait until next Monday."

"As you wish, Emerson will drive you there."

She shook her head "I can take a cab or the bus, don't worry."

I walked over to her "Fine, be safe."

Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red as she gazed down "Yes, Sir."

A smirk appeared upon my face "Good," I turned around and went back to the bathroom.

So the past month Elias has been scolding me for being mean to Lotus and it had a weight on my decision to bring her back; I think he likes her, a lot.

I have a few questions to ask her.

When I came out of the bathroom wearing my boxer briefs she was setting down my breakfast "Lotus?"

She directed her gaze to me and covered her eyes when she saw me "Yes, Sir?"

"Can I ask you a couple of questions about you?" I cleared my throat covering myself with the towel "you can look now."

She uncovered her eyes nodding "Of course, what do you want to know?"

"Did you enjoy it?" I asked bluntly as I walked into my closet.

"Doing porn?" she asked from the bedroom.

"Yes," I replied taking the towel off and picking a suit.

"It's always fun to feel pleasure but the first year was rough. Every time I would show up to set, they would introduce me to a new guy and less than an hour later I would have to do a scene with him," she said with sadness in her voice.

I walked out of the closet buttoning up my shirt "How did people treat you?"

She looked away "Let's just say I got used to getting kicked out of places and being looked at like I have cooties."

"Kicked out? From where?" I sat on the edge of the bed to slid on my socks.

"Mostly stores," she started playing with the rings of her necklace "I haven't been to a mall in two years, I buy everything online."

"Does it make you sad?"

She nodded "Yeah but I'm glad my family isn't here to see it," her gaze moved down to the necklace.

I cleared my throat standing up "What happened to your family?"

"My parents died in combat a long time ago, I was 1 and my nana passed away a little over 4 years ago."