7

I was writing down medical theories in my office when I heard someone enter. My eyes narrowed as I grabbed one of my zanpakuto's and turned around holding it to the person's neck. I sighed and placed my zanpakuto away as my arms crossed glaring at the white-haired captain.

you shouldn't be walking around, captain. What happens if you have an episode and no one is around to help." I asked.

I watched as he smiled and I looked at him sceptically.

"why are you here, captain ukitake?" I asked.

"turn around." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he just smiled more.

"humour me Saki," he said.

I sighed and turned around. I heard him behind me and I went to look at him but he placed his hand on my head. I again sighed and continued looking forward. I felt him place something around my neck and took a step back. I let my hand move to the pendant. It had a light pink stone with a hole in the middle and a silver and gold flower on it.

 It had a light pink stone with a hole in the middle and a silver and gold flower on it

I turned and looked ar Jushiro as he smiled. I went to speak but he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He went to walk somewhere but I took a step back looking at him suspiciously.

"won't you continue to humour me, or do you not trust me?" He said.

I took his outstretched hand. and he smiled and we flashed stepped. After a few minutes, we stood by a lake with lotus flowers in the water. I felt a pang come to my chest as memories came back. But it was still beautiful.

I felt Jushiro take my hand and I turned to see a picnic set up. I looked at Jushiro as he sat down and I sat by him.

"what's the special occasion?" I asked.

Today was my birthday but Jushiro couldn't know that. Unohana was the only one who knew.

"it's your birthday." He said with a smile.

I looked at him slightly shocked.

"how did you know?" I asked.

"shushie asked Unohana and told me." He said.

I sighed and looked away from him. I hated my birthday. For it was the day I was born. The day I wish never came.

"you know I don't know why you hate your birthday. But I'm happy you were born. Because I got to meet you." he said.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a piece of food eating it. I watched him look at me with worry. But my attention soon turned to him sensing a changed.

I moved toward him and he was slightly shocked. I placed my hand on his cheek and let my hand go to his chest. My brows frowned definitely sensing something wrong.

He covered his mouth and began coughing. I began healing him as he continued to cough. I saw the pain on his face. All I wanted to do was stop it.

I tried harder and soon the coughinv stopped. But I continued to heal him. But after a few minutes, I stopped meeting his gaze.

"this is why I told you to not strain yourself," I said worry lacing my voice.

He placed his hand on my head and ruffled my hair with a gentle smile. He went to speak but I grabbed the wrist of his other hand looking at the blood covering it.

"don't worry so much," he said.

I went to speak only to have food shoved in my mouth. I growled and ate it. We sat together with light chatter enjoying the picnic. I felt for just a moment my closed off cold heart slightly open up to this captain. But I quickly pushed those feeling away.

I looked at his face from the corner of my eye. Why was he doing this? He had no reason to. Was it a game to him. But He doesn't seem like the type to play around. No, he's just being kind. He's too kind for his own good. The damn fool.

~~~~

Shushie watched the two from a tree as he sipped his sake. He smiled at the two. Perhaps they could help each other. In some weird way.