10

Squads 6, captain and lieutenant were out in the word of the living. They had to get Rukia Kuchiki to return. She's been gone too long. And today was the day I was to check up on Ukitake. I'm sure he was worried. Rukia was from his squad.

I found myself sitting in front of him. He was worse today. I knew it was because of his worry. I sighed looking into his eyes.

"captain, please try and worry less. You'll make yourself even sicker." I said.

He sighed and moved to the porch and looked up at the sky. I packed up and walked up behind him also looking at the sky. I then looked down at him.

"you know I'll worry about you," I said.

He looked at me and I sighed turning to look away from him.

"if you keep worrying I'll have to check on you every day to make sure you don't drop dead," I warned.

He laughed and I calmed a bit. There was the normal Ukitake again.

"Maybe I should worry you more often if it means you come every day," he said.

I lightly glared at him.

"I'll make your life a living hell. Trust me you don't want that, " I said.

He smiled and looked back up at the sky.

"you have no need to worry about me Saki. Knowing you there are enough things you have to worry about, " he said.

I sighed turning on my heel and I began walking away only to turn and meet his gaze.

"you're a fool captain. If you think I'm the only one that will worry you're wrong." I said before leaving.

When I returned I made my way to the captain's office. I bowed to her.

"how was the checkup?" she asked.

"he wasn't too good today. But it's not the worst I've seen. He's worried about someone from his squad. It's to be expected. Worry will no doubt make his condition worse, " I explained.

She nodded. I was dismissed. I went to my office it the squad and sat down and began my research once again. There was a knock and Kazuki came in placing tea down and went to read. I sipped the tea and continued working. This is become the norm.

The captain has given me the task of teaching him officially. So it seems I was stuck with the brat. I turned to see his nose deep in a book. I rolled my eyes.

I knew the boy had potential but the question was how do I draw it out. He was intelligent but had no social skill. He needed to be more assertive.

My attention was drawn out of my office where I heard some commotion. There was a knock on my door and I told the person to enter. A member stood there panting.

"there was a hollow attack. We need your help," they said.

I stood up and turned to the boy.

"Kazuki come," I said.

He followed as we were lead to a treatment room. There was a lot of blood. Just by looking at the patient I wasn't sure if it was possible to save them.

I walked forward and the others moved out of my way. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and pulled gloves on. I took a deep breath.

"everyone but Kazuki leaves. Be on stand by but make sure no one interrupts us. Infrom other that a surgery is occurring." I ordered.

They all went into action. I could tell Kazuki was anxious.

"don't you want someone else assisting in the surgery?" he asked.

"shut up and get ready," I said.

He nodded. I took a step forward looking at the patient. Multiple deep wounds damaging organs. Kazuki removed the man's clothing and set up everything needed.

I went digging through the wounds pulling out foreign objects. They were claw shards. Once they were gone I moved the skin and tissue away so I could heal his lungs quickly. For that was the most concerning part.

I worked for hours with Kazuki by my side. I closed his wounds after 9 hours. He was finally in a stable condition.

I took a step back allowing the fatigue to finally kick in. I fell to the ground on my knees. I was panting struggling to hold myself up. I heard Kazuki call my name but I could respond. People entered and I was helped up. I was taken out.

"you did another flawless surgery miss Saki. We all look up to you." someone said.

I was taken home and I passed out.