Giving You A Virtual Hug

Annika had her head into one of the books with her one leg tangling under one and another in the air. "The effect of exam" Rehan whistled low and threw his bag on table with himself sitting beside him.

After the party, Annika had a mild headache with the number of drinks shots which were down her throat, she knew this was going to happen. "Shivaay was asking for your number" Rehan innocently spoke to her. "Just give him. Rehan, the exam is next week, I am going to die" 

Annika ruffled her own hair in frustrstion. "Relax,you will do good like always" biting her fingernails, Annika got back to read her book.

"Hey Annika, I wanted to know if you could give me some seconds with you" Annika looked at the owner of the voice and she knew instantly, Shivaay.

The following last night, shivaay and annika hung from the rest of the time alone, talking about all the random stuff they could. They hit the dance floor soon and with an exhausting body they retired from there. All the while what Annika remembered was him calling her beautiful, every now and then which brought a blush on her cheeks instantly.

"Yeah sure" glancing over her watch, she saw there still remained time for her lunch break to get over. Rehan quickly threw a wink at shivaay. Little did he knew what move he was making.

Tugging the book under her arm, she walked along shivaay in the empty corridor. A smile crept on shivaay's face as he gazed his eyes down her index finger with a ring. 

"I am sorry for last night, IShouldn'thavekissedyou" Shivaay nervously ran a finger through his hair. Annika tried getting his words and sure she did. "I...We...What?" Her mind ran at the speed of usain bolt ,gulping down ever so hardly. She couldn't picture it and couldn't even remember anything happening like that last night.

"Whoa, look at your  face" Shivaay held his stomach as he laughed out loud. "You pervert" Annika took the book and smacked his head with as much as force she could.  "I so hate you" huffing in annoyance, annika grumpily walked away and soon groaned in pain upon running into a guy and landing straight on her ass. 

"Shit. I am sorry" Annika looked at the guy, brown hair, black,-dark eyes, with a long nose and some of his hair sticking up on his forehead. Forwarding his arms, he helped her get up. 

"I am sorry, I should have seen you coming" 

"No, it's me who ran into you, sorry for that, my bad" He chuckled a bit. Annika looked at his stunned expression as he looked over her shoulder. Shivaay stood glaring at the guy with fire in his eyes. "Err..I guess I should leave" The guy turned around and jogged away from the two. 

"You shouldn't talk to strangers,  they might kindap you"

"Shivaay this is college and not a mafia or don's underground place and you shouldn't scare people like that" Shivaay shrugged his shoulders and shoved his hands into his pocket. 

"Not that I wanted but he seemed to flirt with you" Annika gave him scowled face making shivaay roll his eyes.

"So, I wanted to say you-" Annika heard the ringing of the bell. "Sorry shivaay,I need to run" Annika gave him a plain smile. Shivaay sighed as she saw her clumsily running down the corridor. 

***

"I couldn't, I really couldn't Rehan" Shivaay sat down next to him as Rehan kept rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, that's because you are coward" Shivaay glared Rehan instantly. "No. I am not"

"Yes you are"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Silence Boys" The librarian threw both of them a pointed look and fixed her glasses. Shivaay pushed the chair back and grabbed his bag.

"I am going" Stomping his foot in annoyance, Rehan sighed before following him from back. "Bro, you need to chill"

"Chill? Yeah, I will be chilled when someone else ask's are out on valentine's day and she will accept it and I will totally chill, right" Rehan scratched his forehead.

"Well, I don't think Annika will agree to anyone unless and until given her some chocolates?"

"You are of no use" Shivaay huffed and walked towards his next class leaving behind a shrugging Rehan in the corridor.

***
Annika twirled her hair around the pen as she watched numerous number of couples talking, chessy-talking, teasing and some making out in corners.

Annika shifted uncomfortably in her seat, thinking it wasn't a great idea to end up in canteen and should have rather  gone to the library. Scooting her books in her arms, she rushed towards her locker.

"Umm..hey, I found this letter lying down near your locker" Shivaay ran his fingers through his hair, afraid of being caught. "That was close" sighing, he muttered under his breath.

Annika's eyes glistened as she saw the pinkish-white letter hanging in his hand. Grabbing it quickly, she turned to gave him a smile. "Thankyou for picking this up" Shivaay nodded and smiled as he noticed the glint if happiness bubbling inside her after getting the letter.

"Are you gonna read it now?" Annika shrugged her shoulders, she wanted to read it now, she was more than waiting for this letter to get her day better.

She opened the letter hesitantly. A smile popped up on her lips soon.

'Dear Annika,

You seem so close yet so far. You are like my sweater in winter, making me warm with just a smile. Those millions of butterflies are unexplainable when I see you. I want my arms to wrap around your warm body and let myself drowned into your embrace. I am selfish, hell, I don't even want you talk to any guy without two feet distance. Call me jealous but all I want to do is take you up in my arms and twirl you around. I can't hug and that sucks but I can always give you a virtual hug, so here it is. Call me crazy Annika but know that I am more crazy for you.

I love you,
~Anonymous'

With a tint of redness on both her cheeks, she turned to look at a grinning shivaay. "What?" She asked while shoving the letter into her bag.

"Nothing" Shivaay shrugged his shoulders casually. "When is winter going to come? I love wearing sweaters, they are so warm" Annika stopped in her tracks and looked with widened eyes at shivaay.

"What?" Shivaay whistled low and continued walking ahead of Annika. A smirk played on his lips. Annika strolled behind him, still in dilemma. He used the exact words, Annika thought. Was he the one? Annika shrugged that thought off immediately.

A part of her wanted it to be Shivaay but a part of her knew he wasn't the one writing all this. Sighing, she looked at shivaay, he gave her stomach full of butterflies, a smile crept on whenever he teased her, a giggle always escaped her mouth as he tried cracking some jokes bust she knew that it was merely a week they had met.

How could he make her feel this way? Annika had thought when the bell rang. She noticed shivaay gone, sure enough that she drowned in his thoughts that she couldn't seem to know when he had vanished.

"Stop messing with my brain Shivaay"

***