Chapter 12: Ben

hi! Another update. I just wanted to clarify some things in this chapter that you may have been confused about (where Cassie is right now) I had not published a part I was working on as to where they moved but I will clear things up in this. Enjoy! I worked a little longer and harder on this for Many obvious reasons but it is quite short. R&R!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Backtrack:

Once ringer told us about a nearby camp filled with other survivors, we left immediately searching for it. After a few days we arrived.

The place is filled with people who are on the same boat as us. We easily fit in with the rest, drained our from the exhaustion that overtakes us from paranoia. We haven't talked to many people, just a few here and there who don't say much or are too afraid to trust us.

Days past by and we hang around not doing much. And by the looks of it it's eating Cassie alive. Until today when she decided to change the schedule up.

Present:

Silence. That's all there is for about a good minute before Cassie actually starts talking. One second me and Sammy were talking and joking with one another and the next all eyes are in Cassie as she stands up on a rock in camp.

In confusion, most people just stare in anticipation for her to speak. Her eyebrows fur together and her mouth opens and closes repeatedly. The nervous look but is soon replaced with a much more confident one as she straightens out and takes a deep breath.

"Hi." she timidly speaks.

" I'm Cassie, Sammy's sister who was a part of the army for the others. He as well as another few,"

she looks towards me and Ringer.

She continues,

"As you know, they are unpredictable. After wiping out 99% of the human race, they are more determined than ever to take out the last 1%. In the past few days I've realized what a hold we have taken on this situation. Many of you are injured, weak, or starving. As much as I know you would like to just lay down and go into a deep sleep for the rest of your life, there is no way to deny the fact that we are in danger. We have been for years! We have fought everyday for our lives that aren't in our hands anymore. It's in there's."

As she's talking I look around, some people are nodding and others are just standing with wide eyes and open ears.

"We have no way of knowing what's next. We can't expect the unexpected. But we can be prepared. Today will not be another day where we wait for the end, if the end could be pushed until it can't be pushed any longer. And guess who I think will be the pushers to help do the work..."

I smile because of the determination that's shines through her as she speaks.

"I don't know why I'm saying what I'm saying or what I'm trying to get at with this speech," a couple laughs escape the mouths of the now interested listeners. " but all I know is that if we survived this long, we sure can a bit longer. Now, I don't expect us to be some army of heroes. But we definitely can be an army of people who will die fighting to be one. And I'm gonna try being that person, and I hope you will join me and be one too."

And with that final sentence a roar. of shouts and screams of approval erupts from every single one of the people in camp, including me.

OK I KNOW IM HORRIBLE GUYS! I write short chapters but I will be updating more often. I have some good ideas in mind😏 Till next time✌️💕