the one with the good girl and the bad boy, pt 2

since y'all asked, i attempted to deliver. don't hate me if it's bad pls.

Kaycee

three months later

_______

"Are you sure you have everything?" Kaycee asked impatiently, tapping her foot. Sean was dragging his feet, as per usual, and she was having none of it. "We have a plane to catch, you dork. Move. Those. Feet."

"If you rush me," her boyfriend sighed, in a jokingly condescending tone, "I'll forget something."

Kaycee groaned. "Forget it. I'm leaving without you."

"Ah ah ah," Sean grumbled, and he pulled his girlfriend's arm back towards him, a little too roughly. "Ow," Kaycee whimpered.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry," he apologized, gently cupping her tiny cheek with his coarse thumb, and stroking it. "I was in football mode there for a second." He wrapped the tiny brunette in his arms and squeezed her tightly, his one arm protectively around her head. "Can you forgive me?"

She pried herself off of his chest and looked up at him. "For a kiss."

"Win win for me," he smiled, and she pulled him down by his collar.

"Do you have everything?" she giggled against his lips.

He looked her up and down and scooped her into his arms, bridal style. "Yeah," he said, kissing her on the top of the head. "Yeah, I do."

***three months ago, after graduation***

Kaycee's mind was a blur. Her heart raced as everyone around her swallowed her up on the football field, with congratulations and hugs, and in that moment, again, all she wanted was Sean.

So she ran.

Back into the school she'd tried so desperately to leave behind, running down the hallways, her gown flying behind her, her one hand on her cap to keep it on. "Sean!" she screamed.

"Kaycee!"

And there he was. Standing at the end of the hallway, in all his glory. How different he is now, she thought, as she froze time for a second, capturing the memory of the bad boy she'd fallen in love with there forever. When she'd met him, he was wigged out on weed and alcohol, sleeping with a new girl every week, and failing his classes. Now here he was, hers and hers alone if she wanted him, going to Georgetown with her.

He started to walk towards her slowly, and she him, but she soon broke into a run, and then they collided, him picking her up and spinning her in a hug, not even a kiss yet, but a hug. "Georgetown?" she'd asked breathlessly after he'd set her down.

"Constance pulled a few strings," he had smiled cheekily.

"Constance?" she raised an eyebrow. "Only a couple months ago, you bullied me for being on a first-name basis with the counselors here, and now they're sneaking you into Georgetown? You really are something else, Lew." She shook her head in happy disbelief.

"Hey," he said, catching her chin with his hands. "Look at me."

So she did. And those damn brown eyes. Ugh. "I told her this school only taught me one thing. And that's if you find something good, you better damn well hold onto it. I'm holding on, Rice," he kissed her softly. "I'm holding on if you let me."

So she kissed him back.

*************

"You're a dork, you know that?" she grinned as they got in the truck Sean first opening the door for her, putting her bags in, and then helping Kaycee up in. "Says my all-star," he smiled, slamming the door shut. His hand went instinctively to her knee as he drove and Kaycee closed her eyes and leaned back against the seat, soaking up the last remains of California she was ever going to get. Hopefully.