Chapter 5 | Dot Could Tell

{I don't do this often, but shoutout to dontjudgeimmafangirl & smocat324 for their amazing Hestadil fanfic, you may now continue reading}

Ever since that night in the library, things had been off. The most fearsome Coven in the school had changed and Dot could tell. She wasn't the most observant, but when she awoke the morning after her roommates big fight, nothing was the same. 

It hadn't been as noticeable at first, just small signs like the way Anadil wouldn't greet Hester when they came back from class, or the way Hester ignored  Anadil and talked to Dot. When Hester was allowed to go back to class, that's when it became obvious, the two witches always made sure Dot was between them, making her act like some sort of barrier and the whole mood between them both had shifted, no longer were they friends or partners in crime, they were just a Leader and a Henchman and there was nothing Dot could do about it.

Hester didn't know she could hate learning Evil so much. The classrooms were over crowded and half filled with Evers, the teachers either couldn't be bothered to teach or were afraid of the School Master  and the fact that they were learning Evil with no Good to fight, what was the point of learning it of there wasn't anyone to use it against? Hester, Anadil and Dot had just finished uglification class and were going back to their room. They had spent the last hour of the day learning about Tedros, 'Like we need to or want to know anymore, than we already do'  Hester commented. Once they entered their dorm and threw the books to the side, Hester went to her bed and Anadil sat on Dot's as an attempt to stay as far away from Hester as possible.

"That's it I've had enough!" Dot said,starting to get annoyed, "What is going on between you two?"
"Nothing is going on," responded Anadil, trying to seem convincing.
"That's like saying Sophie is good..." Dot snapped back, "It isn't true!"
"Nothing has happened between us," Hester said again repeating Anadil's words.
"Well obviously something did. Now I'm going to Mona and Kiko's room and you better have sorted out whatever issues you have with each other by dinner or so help me I will ignore you both 'til the day I die!" With that Dot left the room, slamming the door behind her, ignoring the looks of shock on Hester and Anadil's faces.

The two witches made eye contact with each other, but immediately looked away. Anadil's cheeks reddend and Hester felt a strange feeling in her chest. To be honest, Dot has it completely wrong, they didn't have an issue with each other, but with themselves. Anadil felt embarrassed about how vulnerable she was in front of Hester. She was supposed to be one of the most feared and sinister witches in the school, yet she was hiding at the back of the school library, crying like an Ever. Hester was embarrassed as well. She had never shown any physical affection or a soft side to anyone before, but seeing  Anadil so broken, made the walls she put up, break down faster than she would've ever imagined. But despite what Dot had said neither of the two had any issues with the others actions. Hester and Anadil sat in silence, with only awkward tension and Anadil's bed between them. 

"You know, having Dot ignore us for ever would actually be a blessing," Anadil said, trying to lighten the mood. Hester cracked a smile, a real one, one that was so rare you would think she was incapable of smiling, the one Anadil loves. Soon both girls were laughing. The tension between them, slowly started to melt away. Anadil moved onto her bed, so they were almost facing each other.

Hester observed Anadil. Light shined through the window onto her silver hair, making her glow, her paper white skin illuminated by the Sun's rays and her eyes, red and terrifying to most, but to Hester, it made her feel safe. She looked deeper into them and saws a question being asked, the same one that she had been thinking...
Is everything okay between us?
Before Hester could ask, Anadil grabbed her hand and squeezed it slightly, giving an unspoken answer...

Yes, everything is okay.