Chapter 6 | The Message

Authors note at the end please read!

"I've had enough of this stupid school!" Hester said as she was doing her homework.
"I thought you liked learning evil," replied Dot, her mouth full of chocolate.
"What's the point if there is no good to fight with it?" She snapped back. The room turned silent, with the three witches deep in thought. All of them had been thinking the same thing. As much as they hated Evers, they knew that without them, learning and being evil would be useless.

"We could send a message," Anadil suggested, "With my rats. We could send a message to Yuba or someone, telling them about the situation and he could help us."
"Ani, for all we know Yuba is dead. I mean the last time we heard of him is house was up in flames and Dean Sader had evicted him from the school," Hester replied.
"We don't know for sure if he's dead, and there are plenty of other people that could help us," Dot added.
"We also could get caught. Do you know what the School Master would do if he found out that two of his best students and the daughter of The Sheriff of Nottingham, not only asked Evers for help, but conspired against him? We'd end up with the same fate as whatever happened to the good teachers," Hester shot back, "It was a stupid plan in the first place. We will figure something else out." She concluded.

A day later though, she was ready to try anything. After extreme bootcamp training with Aric, learning about everything to do with Agatha and her blonde-haired bimbo with the School Master and being taught Advanced Curses and Death Traps by Pollux (a former good teacher), sending a message to someone outside of the school seemed like a brilliant plan. That evening the three witches began to compose ideas for the message. They spent hours trying to think of what to say, but their minds were blank. When it was time for lights out they continued to work by candlelight, they spoke to each other in hushed voices and remained alert, for they knew if they got caught the consequences would be fatal.

When Dot succumbed to sleep, the other two witches continued to work. They had to get this message out as soon as possible.

"I think I've got it," Anadil whispered. She climbed onto Hester's bed and sat down beside her. Hester's heart started beating faster and she felt a weird sensation of warmth spread through her body, she tried to ignore it but she couldn't think of why she felt so strange. Anadil began to write and within a few minutes, she had finished a letter that not only spoke about the problems the students and teachers were facing but also kept some anonymity.

"It's perfect Ani," Hester blurted out, without thinking. A scarlet red blush formed on the Albino's cheeks. Hester had always admired how intelligent Anadil was. Behind her quiet demeanour, she was smarter than anyone she had ever met. She would always use logic and think things through, which was very much unlike the tattooed witch, who thrived on impulsivity.

"I really hope it works, then maybe this nightmare will end," Anadil admitted. Hester grabbed her hand, which was something that had become a comfort to both the witches.

"I know it will work," Hester said confidently, "The world can't stay like this forever."

"Who knows, maybe evil will end up fighting itself, now that there is no good left," Anadil joked. A small smile appeared on Hester's face. 

"Yeah, I might end up fighting you one day."

"I'd like to see you try"

Both girls cracked up. If you looked at them now, you would've never believed that less than a week ago they were at each other's throats. When the laughter died down, Anadil leaned her head on Hester's shoulder, an action which made both girls feel unusual stirrings, but neither of them moved. 

For the first time in a long time, they felt safe and happy. 

First of all I just want to say thank you for all the reads, votes and comments! They really mean a lot!

Secondly, sorry I have been on a hiatus for a while, I was going through some things and to be honest I still am. I will try to update more, but I'm not gonna promise that.

Thank you for sticking with me through all this!