Chapter 1

"RUS WAKE UP!" Boomed the teacher's voice, knocking Horus awake. Everyone in the room was looking at him and laughing. In his sleep, he was able to knock every single thing on his desk, from pens to books, onto the ground. by the time he picked up all his stuff and packed, up the bell rang ending the school day. However, he had to go somewhere before he could head home.

      "Ok, Harvey just anywhere but the face then," Horus said. They were at the most secluded place of the building, a stairwell that only leads to a janitor closet. They were on the platform between the stairs, one that'd lead back down, and one that would lead to the door to the janitor closet. "Stretch before you beat me up, so you don't get hurt,"Horus said. Harvey glared at Horus which he took as, I'm not a stupid idiot, idiot. He nodded and then turned the volume to the highest setting on his headphones to drown out the pain as Harvey proceeded to punch and kick him, and maybe say some choice words, but Horus couldn't hear them. 

            Harvey had gotten two hits in and then stopped. Horus opened his eyes to see why Harvey stopped, and he saw a slightly older student, probably a senior, who had blonde hair and looked like he could hold up in a fight. His hair was unkempt though, and sticking out at random places as if he'd been struck by lightning. And was standing right between him and Harve. The boy was shouting something at Harvey, that made him take off. Horus turned his music down so he could hear the boy, who was now offering him a hand, the boy proceeded to help him off the ground. The boy was about to say something, but Horus started hastily "Why'd you do that? I was trying to help him."

      The boy spat out words that were almost to fast to keep up with. "Well, you're welcome, it seems like I helped you more than anything, also if your way of helping is getting yourself beaten up, I don't think that's the best way of helping others! Wait you didn't want to be beaten up did you?" Horus looked down then shook his head. "Ok good, 'cause that would have been awkward by the way I'm Kyle you are?"

      "I'm Horus you can call me Rus... I guess you're right, so thank yo-" he was cut off by Kyle pulling him. Horus, confused, followed Kyle. Kyle led them to a forest, which Horus had never even known was in this town "What are we doing here?"

       "I have something cool to show you. It's around here, I think I misplaced it, Oh! There we go," He then pointed towards a tree that looked normal, but then Horus realized it was a treehouse. It was covered in leaves, and even the rope ladder, that allowed entrance to the treehouse, blended in with the bark. It was set up in a massive tree, the ones that existed even in the mini-ice age. If Kyle hadn't pointed it out to him, he wouldn't have even noticed it.

       Horus followed Kyle up to the treehouse. It actually looked like he lived in here. There was a bed in the corner, a lightbulb in the middle of the ceiling, and a box full of snacks, like bags of chips. A mini-fridge and microwave accompanied some time-wasting games in the corner, Kyle pulled up the rope ladder and closed the trapdoor. Now it was completely dark except for a glow from a locket that Kyle had around his neck. "Nice locket glow trick, but I kind of want to see right now so any way to turn on that light?" Horus asked. Kyle then snapped and the lightbulb turned on "Wow this treehouse is so cool!"

          "It better be, considering how I'm living in it," Kyle said, not trying to hide his grin. Horus's mouth dropped, amazed. This was basically every kid's dream and Kyle, a senior, was living it. "You're gonna catch flies if you don't close that." Kyle pointed to Horus's mouth. Horus then snapped his mouth shut.

         "Sorry it's just, this is awesome, and you live in this!" He waved his hand to everything in the treehouse. Kyle looked a little sad for once, but once he noticed Horus was looking he snapped back into his normal energetic self.