Chapter 10

Footsteps could be heard fast approaching, "Guys we should run!" Melvin said a little panicked. 

              "THAT PATHETIC ATTEMPT OF ESCAPING! JUST GIVE UP NOW!" A cocky voice boomed from the speakers that were blaring the alarm.

               "ARGHHH!" Amelia yelled at the word escape her knee's bent as if a 100-ton weight had been tossed on her shoulders, tears rolled down her face her breathing abnormal short breathes. 

                "DANG IT! It was working so well too!" Glyn yelled frustrated. Horus looked around nervously and a little light head from how fast everything fell apart. He shook his head and snapped himself back to reality like he'd learn to do with the memory of Kyle. 

                "Someone help Amelia! I'll try and stall or something!" Horus told the others frantically.

              "Melvin with me!" Melody shouted to Melvin then kneeling down near Amelia and trying to help her, Melvin shook the shocked face off him and nodded then went to help Amelia too.

              "Cara get behind me!" Jayna said with steely determination, Cara looked at Amelia like she wanted to help but finally conceded to Jayna's request and ran behind Jayna.

             "Kian you good at stalling?" Horus asked Kian who was standing there his eyes surveying the situation.

             "Ya know it," Kian said walking to Horus's side facing the direction the footsteps, which were extremely loud by now, were coming from.

              A full sixteen guards finally appeared in front of them along with one person in a gray T-shirt and sweatpants the same one who told the guys to shoot Kyle. "Kian, I don't think I've ever wanted to punch someone more then I do right now," Horus said through his gritted teeth.

             "It's fine you'll get your chance... after we escape," Kian reassured his eyes focused on the enemies in front of them, "Can you guys just turn down the hallway to your right and we can just move on with our lives?" Kian asked nicely, the guards then rose their guns up and pointed them. Kian then dropped the short act, "Guess not then. I do have to ask how did you corner us like this so brilliantly speaker guy?" Horus looked at Kian like he was insane but Kian just gave Horus a thumbs up.

            The alarms then turned off and the speaker came on, "It's August, my name. It wasn't too hard to do with your brutish plan, I'd have to say though your navigation skills were on peek even some of our own people get lost in here, I'll have to find out how you did that later but after Gray came to my office when I didn't call for him I knew something was up so we rounded up a team and eventually I found you on the camera's so I sent the force over after setting off the alarm and made sure you'd stay in place thanks to Amelia's inhibition we gave her. So yeah that's how I did it so easily," August said in triumphant voice along with a laugh that'd make dogs whimper. Kian looked at Horus and made a silent gag then he shuffled a little closer to Horus.

                  "So why are we stalling?" Kian whispered to Horus.

               "I don't know, the magazine said to do something so something might happen hopefully," Horus said nervously.

              "Listening to a magazine? Next thing you're going to do is go on a diet that doesn't work Horus," Melvin joked overhearing Horus.

                 "Melvin! Focus!" Melody said annoyed.

               "Sorry! I couldn't help myself!" Melvin said going back to helping Amelia.

                "I kind of would want to be captured rather than listen to this guy ramble on and on," Kian said.