Is Distance the Best Choice??

Catalina's POV

Days past since the festival, I spent the weekend in my room with the covers pulled over my head. Monday came and I told aunt Mandy I didn't feel well. She smiled softly as she nodded before she left me alone in my room. I rubbed my face slowly as I bit my lip as my thoughts went to Shane, I nearly cried again. I threw my blankets off and opened my window, I needed to get out of here for a few hours. I need the air, I huffed as I climbed out the second story window before I pushed off the window and landed softly on the ground before I rushed into the treeline. I stripped my clothes and shifted into my wolf form. Picking up my clothes in my mouth and took off in the opposite direction of the creek I found last time, with my luck Shane would be there and I'm not ready to talk yet....

I inhaled sharply as I ran, the cold fresh air felt good in my fur. It nearly made me forget all the troubles on my mind, I shook my head softly as I tried to focus on the run instead of the thoughts that ran through my mind. I slowed to a stop when I came across a clearing with a large tree with quite a few large branches.
             A/N tree in the picture above.

I put my clothes down before shifting into my human form and dressing, I slowly moved towards the tree. I smiled resting my hand on the trunk of the tree before I began to climb up the branches. I got halfway up the tree when I stopped and sat on one of the larger branches, I looked outward the view was beautiful. I inhaled softly as I could see forever up here. I leaned back against the trunk of the tree enjoying the view, my eyes begin to get heavy and I begin to doze off...

                    Mandy's POV

I sighed as I left Catalina's room, I could understand why she wanted to be alone right now but she also had to think about Alpha Shane and how he was feeling right now. From what she had told me, she only told him the things she wanted him to know. She didn't tell him any of the bad things that happened to her or that her ex-mate bullied her. I went downstairs to put some tea on, I hoped this would make her feel better... Maybe I should make some cookies too?

I smiled as I walked back up the stairs after making the tea and cookies, I knocked on the door of Catalina's room. I waited for a minute but no answer so I knocked again, this time I just opened the door. I nearly dropped the tray when I seen she wasn't there, her bed was empty and the window was open. I looked around the room for any sign of a resistance, finding no sign I sighed as I moved quickly to the dresser setting the tray down. I picked up my phone and dialed her number, it rang and rang but no answer.

           "Oh that girls in so much trouble! Just wait until she gets back!" I mumbled as I took the tray and left her room.

                        Shane's POV

God! This was driving me up the wall, it's been four days since I seen my mate. Four days since I held her in my arms, my wolf's been bitching me out. I growled as I pushed my chair back and headed out of the office, I needed to see her! I headed down the stairs and out to my car, I started it peeling out of the driveway heading towards the White's residents. I was definitely going to see her today, she was going to explain what she had meant and why she ran from me.

It only took about half an hour to get to their house, I turned the car off stepping out before walking up to the door. I knocked on the door gently, I knew Catalina hadn't gone to school due to the fact, the little brother shares most of her classes. I waited until the door opened and Mrs.White stood there she looked shocked.

             "Hello Mrs.White I'm sorry to bother you but I was wondering if I could have a word with Catalina." I smiled softly as I looked at her, she seem a bit flustered.

              "Alpha Shane I would loved to have her come talk to you but she's not in right now." She said as she rubbed her neck softly.

              "What do you mean she's not in? I know she didn't go to school so she has to be here!" I said as I could feel my wolf starting to get mad, thinking that her aunt was blocking me from seeing her.

                 "She was here, she said she didn't feel well so I let her stay home but when I went to check on her she was gone and her window was wide open. She didn't tell me where she was going or how long she would be." she said as she looked at her watch, "She's been gone about an hour."

I turned walking around the house before sniffing the air, I caught her scent but it was faint. I growled lowly before I shifted into my wolf, ripping my clothes to shreds before rushing into the woods...