Chapter 2: a new teacher

I sit at my desk waiting for Mrs.Henry to come in and teach. A Teacher walks in but it is in Mrs. Henry it's a guy who looks not much older than the students here. He is kind of attractive. He has a lip ring which I love. "Hello class my name is Mr. Hemmings. I'm your new English teacher." He has an accent. Australian I think? I raise my hand to speak. "Where's Mrs. Henry?" I ask "mrs. Henry will unfortunately not be teaching here anymore." He answers. He starts teaching and I hear my phone vibrate in my bag. I open my phone to see I got a message from my ex-BFF Mandi. *hey I'm supes sorry. Catch a movie after school?* I scoff at her message and reply. *like hell I will* I turn my attention back to mr. Hemmings. After 84 minutes of talk about to kill a mockingbird the bell finally rings and I head out of class.

~a few hours later~

At the end of the day I climb into my crappy old truck. I go to put the key in the ignition and it doesn't start. I try it again...still nothing. I try it about 10 more times and nothing works. I try calling my mother and she doesn't answer. I get out of my truck and parked right beside me is mr. Hemmings. "Alexis right? Is everything ok?" He asks. Right then and there I just broke down and started crying. (Which is not normal for me at all) I finally start to calm down a bit and speak. "This day has just been a big load of shit." I tell him sitting down on the hood of my truck. "How so?" He asks. "My truck broke down and my mom won't answer her phone so I have no one to give me a ride." I say and continue to sob. "Shhh it's okay. It's only a truck." He says calmly and sits down next to me on the hood of my truck. "It's not only the truck. My boyfriend broke up with me and is now dating my ex-bestfriend." I say still crying. "Here I'll call a tow truck and I can just give you a ride home." Mr. Hemmings says rubbing small circles on my back. "Thank you so much Mr. Hemmings." I said to him. "It's no problem. And call me Luke outside of school." "Okay well thanks Luke."