Flashbacks

Age - 4.5

It was just supposed to be a normal evening.

Birds cried overhead, your hand clasped with your parents as they laughed and joked about whatever topic came to mind.

It was supposed to be a happy, normal day.

Daggers pressed against skin; blood dripping into the grass. A child left uninjured because the killer couldn't find it in them to harm a child.

A young girl, now an orphan, sat on the ground surrounded by her parents blood and her tears.

It was supposed to be a normal day.

Sirens tearing through the air. All money your parents had on them was gone.

Nothing was supposed to go like this.

Why did it come to this?

Why couldn't of the thief targeted anyone else?

Why us?

Alone and miserable the girl was forced into an orphanage. She found herself the victim of bullying and isolation.

That was until she met a young girl.

She was sitting in a playground by herself, dragging her finger through the dirt and humming softly when she saw two pairs of feet stop right in front of her. She had looked up and saw two girls. One with long blonde hair the other with short black hair.

The isolated one found herself wondering why anyone would talk to her.

The weapon was curious of the same thing but didn't dare speak her grievances.

The mastermind had leaned down outstretched her hand to the isolated one, "Wanna build a sandcastle?"

Hours later

The pair had spent hours planning and designing their sandcastle as the weapon watched in confusion.

Months had passed and people had begun to watch the creation of it. The day before completion of the castle you and Junko had been working in total synchrony.

On the day before completion you had skipped out of the orphanage with excitement and bliss on your face. The first thing you heard from the scene was distant crying. You had dropped the mini shovels and sand buckets.

When you dashed through the park you had slid on the ground and embraced a sobbing Junko in your arms. "Hey, hey you're gonna be okay, Jun. I promise you're gonna to be okay. Okay? Now tell me what happened... please?"

"S-s-someone destroyed the c-castle!" She had sobbed into your shoulder as she clutched onto the back of your shirt.

Rage burned in your eyes. "I'll find out who did this and I'll make them pay, Jun. Nobody is allowed to make you cry. Nobody."

"T-Thank you, (Y/N)... I trust you."

Those words... those six words were ingrained into your soul. When you lacked the motivation and confidence you would remind yourself of those six words.

Maybe that... maybe that was the day you knew you had fallen in love with her?

Word count: 569 {NICE}

Art by me of my OC named Kiko Arata who will not be present in this story I need needed an image I can credit