Ch3~[83]

Two days..

Two days left for the world to fall apart.. for the chaos to erupt.. for hell to break lose..

Never in my life I was afraid this much. I know it's not my fault and I can just leave to England with my grandma. That's what I'm doing after all. I'll leave. I'll pretend nothing had happened. I'll just tell Ezra that our parents left us when he gets older. I can't protect them.

They feel like they deserve it. And that they deserve to die. But it's their faults after all. More like my father's fault. True love blinded his mind.

I could've lived with only a dad. It wouldn't make a different. Just that Ezra wouldn't exist.

I packed my suit case and closed it. I sighed as I laid down on my bed.

The moon shinning bright showing his every detail. Is it worth a try? I asked myself.

I was so distracted staring blankly at the moon. It's so beautiful. I thought. The galaxy is so beautiful. But oh god. If life was as simple as that.

I only wanted to stay around my family for ever. Get married to Liam and get kids from him. I wanted to wake up every morning to him sleeping peacefully next to me. Or my baby crying for my warm hugs.

"I'm sorry. "I turned my face slowly to the voice, blinking several times. I sat up and crossed my legs.

He sat down and stared deeply in my eyes. "Why?"

He sighed looking down. "Grandma told me. "

I groaned holding my face in my hands. "I had to know. "He said in defeat.

"No you weren't supposed to. " I said getting pissed so fast. I've been mad and not talking to my parents much. If what they had was really true love then why can't I have my true love as well?

I want Liam and I'd kill myself for him. Yes I love him to death and I can't stand to stay away from him. It's been two days since I last saw him and I feel so empty.

"Elena. I want to help." Toby said.

"Toby no. You're going on your flight tonight. And that's finally. "

"Really? And watch you die alone in the middle of a war? I help the feeling of being helpless." He said trying so hard to swallow the visible lump in this throat.

"You're not helpless, but you don't have to worry about me." I breathed in a whisper. "Just pretend that we never met. That I wasn't on that plane- "

"No! Don't say that. You're .. You're my cousin." He said swallowing, his Adam apple visibly going up and down.

"I know. "I chuckled.

"But I really don't want you to face that war alone. "He said slowly.

"I'm not going to. "

"You're not?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Then come with me. "He asked desperately. "Let's leave together. Tonight. "

"Toby," I paused searching his blue eyes. "I can't tonight. I got some people I have to say goodbye to. "

His face fell slightly but he was satisfied. "Just promise me that you'll go to England. "

I nodded, "I promise. "

~*~*~*~

The moon watched as I drove Toby back to the airport . Part of me was sad. What if I broke his promise. What if I couldn't leave my parents die alone?

I shook my head to get rid of bad thoughts. Not wanting to lose my focus on driving.

Till we arrived. Sighing, I turned to Toby sitting next to me. He stared blankly at the front window. After he caught me staring, I smiled weakly at him.