Chapter Seventeen

Oh my god, Tom is coming back tomorrow! I'm so excited yet scared at the same time. I can't wait to see him again! He's going to get a hell of a fright though. What are they gonna say when they see the size of me and realise what's going on? I don't want to think about that, I'm so excited to be a mum and I need to focus on that. I already know me and baby are going to have all the support we need. I just hope Danny is part of that support system too. I do want him to be in our lives. I wonder if Tom's told Danny about the girlfriend or not... I won't know for sure until tomorrow. If he has, Danny won't half have a double shock after he sees me too. A pregnant ex and a cheating ex, what a double whammy. If Tom hasn't told Danny about this, I'm gonna have to. There's no other way, I can't exactly avoid it any longer. She won't get away with it either way. 

Ah, I'm so glad it's dinner time. I'm so hungry. What should I have today? Maybe some chicken. 

Before I even managed to pull out the bread and chicken, my phone started to ring. It's a blocked number, kinda weird. I don't like answering them so I just left it. If it's important they'll leave a message. I need a good laugh, I might watch a movie while eating lunch. Just something to take my mind off this baby kicking and the boys coming home tomorrow. 

Uh oh, I fell asleep watching the movie. I'm so tired these days but that's just what pregnancy does to the body. I should really just go up to my room and nap, I've got  lot to do later.

I slept like a rock, not even feeling like I'm carrying all this extra weight on me. Carrying a baby is hard word, I think I deserve a medal! At least I get to have a shower before the boys are back, I want to make a bit of an effort to look good for seeing them. 

After I finished drying my hair I heard them coming through the door. I couldn't contain my excitement! They were all laughing ad joking. Seems sad to ruin that, but it's necessary news. They might not say much but at least I'll have told them. My belly sticks out so much now it's kind of obvious that I'm not lying about it. I took a deep breath and headed downstairs.

Harry was the first to notice me.

"Wow Gem, what the heck happened to you? You're glowing!" He remarked. 

"Did you eat a huge buffet table all to yourself?" He started laughing at his own joke, it was so cute. 

"Yeah, hah. Thanks Harry, but it ain't no food baby, it's a real one!" I said. He looked kind of shocked but tried to hide it. 

"Hold on, did my baby sister just say there's a bun cooking in that oven?!" Tom shouted from the kitchen as he walked through towards us. Uh oh, time to reveal all I suppose.

"Yeah, Tom. I'm pregnant. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I didn't want you to worry while you were on tour." I told him, feeling kind of guilty that It's been kept a secret. 

"Since when?! How far along are you?! He asked, seeming kind of happy.

"Erm... I'm 6 months." I said, shyly. Why is this so hard?

"Oh Gem, why didn't you tell us! I've spoke to you loads since being away!" He said, his voice going up a key. "Wait... who's the father? Do we know him?" He added.

"Well, uh. I can't really tell you right now." I said, looking down at my feet, but only being able to see the huge bump.

"What? Why haven't you said anything! He needs to know, Gemma." Tom said. He sounded a bit angry now. "Don't play games Gem, just tell us!" He was trying to sound lighthearted.

"Okay, uh. It's Danny. He's the dad." I spat out, quickly. Argh this was difficult. 

"Uh, What?" Danny said, I didn't realise he had walked up behind me to see what the fuss was all about. 

He burst out laughing. How could he be laughing at a time like this? He's just been told he's gonna be a Dad and he laughs! This won't end well. 

"You're such a joker, Gem. That's not possible!" He said. He doesn't seem to remember that night we shared. I was kinda angry at this point.

"How else would I get pregnant, there's been no other man in my life. It's definitely you, Danny." I said, definitely letting the annoyance show in my voice.

"When did this even happen, Gem? It doesn't add up." Tom said.

"Well, that night you kicked me out? I didn't go to mum and dad's. I felt too bad to go straight there so I went to see Danny and see if he'd let me crash for the night. He did, but I had a bad dream and he came and comforted me. One thing led to another and.... Here we are." I told them. 

"Okay, I can't even wrap my head around this right now. I'm gonna be an uncle! You're gonna be a mum, Gem! This is so crazy! Tom said. He was back to sounding happy again.