A Promise Made

The only part in this song in this chapter is the kids part

(6 years ago)

"Ben you ready to go?" His dad called.

"Coming!" Ben ran down the stairs to meet his dad.

"Okay, okay slow down buddy." His dad put his hand in front of Ben to stop him.

"Can we go now?!" Ben begged.

"Yes we can." His dad answered. 

Ben hugged his mom and his parents kissed before the two left.

"Have a good time." His mom called to him.

The driver opened one of the doors and Ben bolted in. As his dad followed behind him.

As they were crossing Ben was looking out the window amazed at how the barrier works. 

"So Ben remember when we get there I'm gonna need you to stay close and pay attention because this is what you're going to be doing in a few years." His dad explained as Ben was barely listening. 

When they pulled up Ben scooted to the door and waited. The driver opened the door and Ben bolted out.

"Ben! Ben get back here!" His dad jumped out and called.

"Don't worry sir I'll find him." One of the guards who went told him before he ran after Ben.

Ben was wondering around looking around amazed. As he was walking someone bumped into him hard. Making him fall.

He jumped back up and kept walking. While he was walking he could hear whispers and people pointing at him.

"Move! Get out of my way!" He heard someone yelling, then noticed them coming his way. 

He quickly tried running the other way, but was stopped by someone.

"Where you going?" They said grabbing his shirt.

This person was obviously sixteen of older.

"Lay off!" He heard someone call to them.

He couldn't see, but it sounded like the person from before.

"What are you gonna do? You're nothing like your mother." They teased. 

Then all the sudden Ben fell to the ground and the kids holding him were knocked out on the ground.

After that the kid started walking away. Till Ben stopped them. "Hey thanks for doing that back there." 

They just nodded, then kept walking.

"I'm Ben and you are?" Ben tried asking them.

Then they finally stopped and answered him. "Uma. My name is Uma." 

"Cool. That's a really cool name. Wish I had a cool name like that." Ben tried making conversation with Uma.

"Great." She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes before walking away from him quickly.

"Don't be upset about her." A voice from behind told him.

"I'm not." Ben replied and turned around to find a girl about his age with beautiful purple hair. "I'm... I'm Ben." He held out his hand.

"Mal." She replied taking his had and shook it. "So what is the Auradon prince doing here?" She started walking in circles around him.

"Well you see my dad takes trips to the isle once a month and he said that I could join him from now on." Ben explained.