Mal's Return

(The next day at school)

"Are you two dating?" Carlos asked Evie.

"What do you mean?" Evie wondered as they walked to class.

"You and Ben." Carlos replied.

"No. Carlos I told you nothing happened between us." Evie told him.

"Okay. If you say so." Carlos motioned his head for Evie to turn around.

Evie turned around to see Ben walking their way.

"I'm gonna go." Carlos added, then quickly walked away.

"Carlos wait." Evie tried calling, then she heard Ben.

"Hey Evie..." He awkwardly walked up to her.

She turned to him with a smile. "Hey Ben."

"I liked the other night." Ben told her.

"That kiss? Ben I don't know what I was thinking. Don't you still like Mal?" Evie said.

"Yeah, but she's not here and isn't coming back." Ben replied.

"I don't know Ben. We might be better off staying friends." Evie stated before walking away.

"At least think about it!" Ben called to her as she was walking.

"Mal? Mal are you going somewhere?" Harry asked her as she was packing up.

"I need to go back to Auradon." Mal told him.

"What? Why? Don't you like it here?" Harry rushed over to her.

"A little, but I let someone take advantage of me and take away my happiness. So I'm going back to get it back." Mal explained.

"What? The prince? I thought you didn't care about him." Harry started. "That's what you told me." 

"Well I was wrong." Mal commented.

"Mal wait." Harry grabbed her hand as she was passing him.

"What is it Harry?" Mal stopped and looked at him.

"I'm sorry." Harry apologized. "Sorry about the way I treated you a few years ago."

"Harry It's okay. It's in the past, but I do need to go." Mal motioned for him to let go of her hand.

"Oh right. Bye Mal." Harry let go of her hand and stood there watching as she left. 

Then as Harry was standing there he realized something and ran after Mal.

"Wait Mal how are you supposed to get back?" Harry questioned.

"I gave a letter to one of the people, who come here to drop off food to give to Jay and Carlos." Mal answered.

Jay and Carlos were in their room playing a game when there was a knock at the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" Jay paused the game asking Carlos.

"No. You?" Carlos replied.

"Nope." Jay said, then walked to the door and opened it. "Can we help you?" 

"I have a letter from your friend on the isle. She wanted me to give it to you." He handed Jay the letter from Mal.

Jay took it, then looked up at the guy. "Thank you."

He nodded and walked away as Jay shut the door.

"What's it say?" Carlos ran over to Jay.

"I don't know yet." Jay opened it and read it. "Mal says she wants us to have a limo go pick her up, but not to tell Evie or Ben. She wants to surprise them."