2. Disgust

I woke up with the worst fucking headache. Groaning I rolled over and nearly pushed Mia out of the bed. I sat up and stared at her. Why the hell was she in my bed? I couldn’t remember anything from the night before. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was one o’clock. I stood up and stretched before walking into the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and took a few Ibuprofens from the cupboard. I walked out to find Mia beginning to wake up.

“Hey, babe,” she muttered sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

“Hey.” I answered pulling out some clothes for the day.

“That was a crazy night, last night.” She said. “I need to get you drunk more often.” I glanced over at her. She held herself up by her elbows, her eyes running up and down me as she bit her lip. I was guessing that we had sex last night by the way she stared at me.

“Yeah,” I muttered pulling a shirt over my head. “Crazy night.”

“Are you saying you don’t remember?” She was sitting up once again, her forehead creasing.

“Of course, I do.” I lied.

“Good, because I tried to make last night really special for the both of us.”

I gave her one of my charming smiles. “It was special.” I may not have remembered anything from last night, but Mia was the hottest girl in school and I didn’t plan on us breaking up, so I lied.

Mia smiled happily. “Well I’m gonna take a shower.”

“You do that.” I said walking towards the door. “I’ll be downstairs when you’re done.”

Downstairs I poured myself a bowl of cereal although it was two in the afternoon. Something smacked against my head. I looked over at my younger sister, Elena, who had a small smirk on her lips. “Did you have fun last night?” she asked.

Instead of answering I continued to eat my cereal. “Andrew, you need to get that slut of a girlfriend you have out of my house. Trash like that doesn’t belong in a place like this.”

“She’s not a slut and this isn’t your house.” I answered.

“Whatever you say, she’s only dating you ‘cause you’re the ‘hottest guy’ in school.” She used her fingers as quotation marks.

“And why do you think I’m dating her?”

“Well next time you bring her over you two could at least try to be a little quieter. I swear to god you woke up the entire neighborhood with your screams.” She said rolling her eyes. “Or better yet, fuck her at her place.”

“You are so annoying,” I muttered covering my eyes, the pounding from my headache increasing.

When I looked back up, Elena had left. Had Mia and I been that loud last night? I thought back to the last thing I could remember. I remember sitting in the backyard, drinking punch, and talking to some guy. And lips. I kissed somebody last night. No not kissed, I had a full on make out session with someone who wasn’t Mia. I took another bite of my cereal, chewing thoughtfully.

Blue eyes were the next thing I remembered. Blue eyes and soft lips. Soft lips and dark brown hair. I clamped a hand over my mouth in horror, my stomach beginning to churn. Running to the bathroom I started throwing up everything I had consumed in the last twenty-four hours. I felt someone’s hand on my back, rubbing circles in it slightly. “Are you okay?” Mia asked. In response I threw up some more.

“You should go.” I gasped after a few minutes.

“I’m not going anywhere.” She said.

“Go home, Mia!” I yelled gripping the sides of the toilet. She snatched her hand back. I glanced up at her, hurt in her eyes. “I’m sorry,” I said gently. “I’m just not feeling good and I don’t want you to see me like this.”