Chapter 1

I sat on a chair, ALONE. The whole shop was empty,  not a single head could be seen from my booth. A waitress walked towards me. She looked insanely pale. She looked like she had been drained out of life . She stood in front of me.
" Madam, what would you like to have?" She began in an etheral voice, pausing a little after each word.
"Ummm. ..." I trailed confused for a minute before settling for a cup of black coffee .
She took my order and slowly disappeared in the dark.

Within five seconds the sullen swarthy liquid was served in front of me. I hastily
took a sip. It tasted like pond water, not to mention icy cold. After two sips I felt something soft but solid structure against my tongue. Confused, I reached out to touch the material.

My eyeballs gouged out of their sockets in horror to find a portentous lock of raven hued hair held in my hand.
My stomach made a very unpleasant turn. Angrily, I looked up to call the waitress to complain.

But I was surrounded by darkness. No one was there in the coffee shop not even the strange waitress. Petrified, I tried to scream for help but nothing came out. My throat painfully constricted. It was so unbearably painful when my throat closed from inside twisting and turning and repeating. As if Every nerve in my throat was being pulled out forcefully. Blood rose up in my mouth.

Suddenly a pale wet hand grabbed my hand out of nowhere. I struggled under it's grip, desperately trying to free myself. But it only held me tighter upto a deadly level. It's fingers penetrated deep into my flesh insidiously burning. The pain it cause made me feel like castrating my own hand. The throat pain had stopped.

"Lila won't you help me" it grisly  whispered near my ear, sending a chill down my spine. I immediately recognised her voice. Wenessa.......

I closed my eyes not wanting to see anything that would steal my good night's sleep. I screamed my lungs out, my voice desperate for help, still struggling to free myself.

I opened my eyes and pulled myself up with a jerk. I breathed out in relief to find myself in my room. I reached out to switch on the table lamp, waiting for its warm yellow light to sallow the demonic  darkness surrounding me.
My heart was still pounding rapidly against my chest. My throat still constricted because of dryness. I swallowed hard and started to walk towards the kitchen to fetch myself a glass water.
As soon as I kept my hand on the bed to push myself up from the bed, a sharp pain shot up my arm. I winced at the pain and looked down to find the cause of the pain, only to find a bloody red scar glaring back at me.