Chapter 5

I unlocked the door. Then went to take a hot shower it had always been helpful in washing away my stress.  I watched the hot droplets streaming down my shoulder and then my arms and finally reaching the spot. I winced I'm pain as the mellifluous drops of hot water gently traced my wounds. The cicatrix looked peaceful now.

I closed my eyes and stood there enjoying the pain. It was a few seconds of peace I had before I had to go for sleep again. Just thinking about it sent a chill down my spine. I immediately pushed the thought aside. I turned off the shower.  I dried myself with a tow let and then dressed up for night. I proceeded to make myself some food.
I was just gonna boil some noodles for myself. I was too tired to cook anything. Soon i had a pot of water with noodles boiling on the stove. I then proceeded to chop some vegetables. I had put on a jazz music. Soon the mellifluous sound filled the entire house. I hummed along with it as I chopped the carrots.

Accidentally, I cut my index finger. The menacing magenta slowly started oozing out of the cut and with seconds started to drip down on the white tiles. I climbed upstairs toward my room. I remembered to put an aid box in my wardrobe.

My house was dark. With only a few bulbs which now and then flickered. I opened the door of my room. I was pitch black in there. So i turned on the light. My dripping blood had already made a trail behind me. Lining the white tiles with red. I immediately tilted my index finger upward. I'll have to clean this when I wake up in the morning.

After a long search in my wardrobe I finally found the aid box from between a heap of wrinkled clothes.

I quickly bandaged my wound. A smell of something burning entered my nostrils. Horrified,I ran downstairs towards the kitchen.  The flames were almost engulfing the whole pot. But I had put the knob on the lowest level. How did it turned?
I quickly turned off the gas and put the pot in the basin under running cold water.

Guess, I no noodles tonight. I end up drinking a cartoon of milk and went to sleep.