Chapter 6

It was all the same. I ended up accidentally cutting my index finger while chopping carrot. I ran upstairs to search for aid box, leaving behind a trail of red drops. But this time the small tevlision facing my bed was on.

I didn't remember switching it on. Anyways, I stretched my index in the opposite side, careful not to ruin the white table cloth. My titles were white too so I tilted my injured finger upwards. The television was kept a little inward on the huge table and the switch hid behind the television. So i bent and searched for the switch with the other hand.

Just as I was going to switch it off, and eerie whisper from the television evaded my ear. It was saying something but the words weren't quite clear enough to understand. I put my ears close to the speaker .

It whispered again. But still I couldn't make out what exactly it was trying to say. So i bent more; my ears almost touching the TV screen.

I felt something licking my index finger. It felt like a wet tongue slowly moving up and down my fingers, gently stroking it. I didn't have any pets in the house. So what was it?

I turned back to see.

My eyes widened in shock to meet those emotionless black ones of little Wenessa's. Her skin looked bleached as if they never had the privilege to meet the warmth of sun.Her bones were almost protruding out of her cheeks. As if she she had been starving from decades. And now Little Wenessa had my her tongue wrapped around my tongue , so close to her vicious teeth and within a blink of eyes she could chew away the whole of my hand.

But strangely she didn't.

She smiled at me, revealing a rotten front set of teeth, now smudged with red liquid, my blood. Petrified, I stared at her. My mind wasn't working. I didn't even snatched back my hand. She pulled me down until my ears was near enough to her mouth to whisper the most horrifying set of words "I healed your wounds now won't you heal mine?"

My brain took time to process her words and when it did I screamed my lungs out.

I was thrown back to reality. I hissed on my bed still screaming. My mouth was dry I couldn't even swallow. I was sweating profusely. My nightdress drenching with my sweat.

I gulped down a glass full of luke water because my somehow my tonsils had managed to swell up, causing burning pain in my throat. When I put down the glass on the rack I found my wound completely healed.