Chapter 8- a nice day

Poppy POV:

        It has been a couple of days and I already started to like branch. Well, as a friend, I started to teach him how to read and write. It turns out that, branch only knew how to write his own name. He was very shy to the others but he might be starting to like them. He definitely likes my dad, sometimes branch would try to copy him and when he does, it sounds so cute!! When we first brought branch to the village, we had to give him a different change of clothes 'cause his old pair was really torn up. Satin and Chenille made him a new vest and pants, while we were taking his vest off, we found a bunch of claw marks on his back. We found out that they were GROWL BEAST claw marks, and the scars on his face look like smaller predator claw marks. We managed to put the clothes on him and he seemed to like them more than his former clothing. I don't know how long he has been wearing those things but I doubt they were comfy. Branch seems to fallow me around at times. It's fun to watch branch play with the kids in the village, it also makes my job a bit easier. "Poppy?" I turn to see biggie holding Mr.D. "Oh, hey biggie! Is something wrong?" "Actually, no, I just wanted to be with you for a little while." "Okay, you can sit next to me." When biggie sat down, I noticed he was a little nervous, I knew something was up. "Biggie, are you sure you are okay? You seem a little.... Tense." "W-what, no, just getting used to having branch around." " Please? I really want to help." He looked at me for a second than sighed. "Its just that, branch has been looking at Mr.Dinkles in a weird way and it makes me nervous. And it's making Mr. Dinkles scared." I looked at Mr.D who just meeped. "I.....see. Well, I'll tell branch to stop will that be okay with you?" "Oh definitely! Thank you!!" "Your welcome!" Has soon as he walked away, I saw branch come running towards me. He was all dirty with leaves in his hair, mud was on the bright green vest that Satin and Chenille made, his pants had mud too, but also had grass stains. He was panting like a dog probably after he was running. "Branch! How did you get this dirty?! What were you doing silly?!?" He sat right next to me and rested his head on my lap. I didn't want my dress to get dirty but I didn't want to move him, he looked so cute!!!!

    Branch POV:

    I was worn out while playing with the tiny trolls, and they were kinda fast. But they seemed to have fun while we were playing, they taught me how to play something called 'hide and seek'.  They said that one troll had to do something called 'counting' and after they do that they say 'ready or not, here I come!' And they look for them. It doesn't matter how many trolls are hiding, if you can find them all you win! It is a really fun thing to do when you aren't learning how to use a magic stick to make words on a white piece of some sort. I only know how to put my name in the ground so the critter geeks know that I'm not a monster. And after I do that, they seem to try to catch me with something. But that doesn't matter, 'cause these things are way better than the critter geeks. They smell nice, they make weird noises that sound amazing, and they always seem to have the same thing on there faces that I think are called 'smiles' and I like the name of that, I try to make the same thing on my face. And everyone seems to like it, they make noises that are odd but they make it. The girl trolls would pat the top of my head and say things like, 'Your so cute!' And 'Your a sweet little angel aren't you?' But some trolls here don't seem to like me that much but I don't bother them. I feel like I went off topic but oh well! I decided to see poppy and when I did, she seemed a bit shocked by my appearance. "Branch! How did you get this dirty?! What were you doing silly?!?!" What do you mean? I was to tired to explain , I putted my head on her lap and just rested there.

                              ~Time skip~

Poppy POV:

I finished getting ready for bed, I gave branch a bath before I got ready and let me tell you, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. Don't ask me how it went, I went to my bed and put the covers over me. After I did that, branch came on and started to cuddle at the end of the bed like a cat. It was adorable! "Good night branch." He replied with a soft purr, than fell asleep. I started to fall asleep, and it was a very peaceful sleep. No night terrors.

Finally managed to make this chapter!!!!! Sorry for the wait, I started to have a writer's block and let me tell you, it was the worst!!!!! But other than that, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!!