part 2

Spring at Stars Hollow was rainy.
5:40 AM
The lights of the lanterns were dimly lit, and the lights on the shop windows lightened the wet asphalt brightly. A light cold wind blew and intensified at times. There were no people on the street, it was still dark. Drops were falling from the roofs, forming large deep puddles.
The clatter of shoes was heard near the entrance to the diner.
"Stay, where are you running so early?" Lorelai shouted after her daughter.
Rory's hair developed in the wind. Covering her thin shirt with a leather jacket, she felt the wind blowing her ears.
Finally, the girl opened the door, and there was a sound of bells hanging over the door.
A breathless Lorelai also entered the diner.
"oh" Lorelai said shortly, not seeing anything inside. She tried to turn on the light, but it didn't.
"I have already tried, cut off the light!" Luke shouted from the kitchen
"Luke!" Rory shouted, puzzled.
"yes?" he answered.
"Jesus, you scared us ..."
"No, you only scared Rory" said Lorelai.
"... we thought you were gone! I woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning, but you were not at home, I thought it all because of the hunt you talked about" Rory finished talking.
Luke came out of the kitchen with a frown.
"do not say that this is because of the hunt" Lorelai also began to worry.
"We will never talk about the hunt again" muttered Luke, putting large white cups on the bar table. "Did you understand me?" He raised his tone.
"dear, what's the matter with you lately? You kind of remember something bad."
"Lorelai" the man said sharply.
"Okay, fine" she said, straightening her skirt.
"But why did you leave home so early?" Rory asked after a few minutes of silence.
"I love the early spring morning. I always get up early, only today an hour earlier" shrugged Luke "come on. Coffee?"
"yes, please" both women cheered up.
"with waffles" added Rory.
" a minute " the man retired to the back room and returned with a large red lantern.
He turned on the flashlight and he lit the room with white light.
"here are waffles" Luke smiled broadly, as if forgetting what he was a minute ago.
Lorelai looked at Rory, puzzled, and she shrugged.
"with all this happen, remember the bad days, mom".
"yes ... yes, probably" mother took a mug on both sides, warming her palms.
Daughter patted her shoulder and she smiled imperceptibly.
***
12:50 AM.
Sam woke up with tears in his eyes. Apparently his head ached badly at night. Opening his sore eyes, he looked at all the objects in the room. Getting out of bed, he felt a little dizzy and leaned on the bedside table.
"Sammy" he heard on the way to the kitchen "how do you feel?"
"Hi, good ... "Sam came to the kitchen, but did not find anyone there. Surprised, he began to look around.
" D ... Dean?" He asked quietly, but there was no brother anywhere.
"Sam? What are you doing there?" asked Winchester, when he saw his younger brother in the hallway, is everything all right?
Sam grinned.
"hallucinations"
" hallucinations? And do you think this is normal?" The elder approached him.
" I do not know what is normal for me".
"ohhh, you need to relax ... distract"
" how?"
Dean had a thought in his head, which he wanted to say from the morning . "that small town. I remembered it, we can go there so that you ... well, can remember your childhood."
"seriously?" Sam asked, shocked.
"well yes"
"when?"
" we can even now. Just ... do something with your hair, or I swear I'll cut them off"
"Oh, shut up" interrupted his brother.
***
1:45 PM.
"The light will not be all week, there was a big accident near the city, the truck hit the wires" Luke entered the hall where Rory and Lorelai sat and played their favorite board game, and did not listen to him.
Luke made a gloomy face and sat down next to Lorelai. The woman hugged his shoulders.
"We played this game a million times" he said.
Rory sighed.
" boring without electricity."
There was a loud thunder and the rain on the street intensified.
Lorelai pressed closer to Luke.
There was a knock.
"Is someone knocking on the door?" asked Rory.
"yes, it seems" answered Luke.
" okay, then I will open, I will not bother you" she looked at her mother, who had already fallen asleep, clinging to Luke.
The knock was repeated.
"I'm coming!" shouted Rory "Mr. Taylor! Hello."
Taylor looked puzzled and wet.
"Come in" said Rory, opening the front door wider.
Taylor muttered something, but entered.
"mom, Luke, Taylor Doose has come!"
"Taylor?" Luke asked, hello, why are you here?
Doose was focused. He frowned and went silently into the kitchen.
"Can I have coffee, please?" he asked.
"Yes of course. What happened? Tell me" answered Luke.
Taylor pulled a folder with sheets from his jacket.
Sitting down at the table, he sighed heavily and took hold of his head.
"What is it, Taylor?" everyone asked him.
" in general ... it was like that. The driver, whose truck crashed into a pole with wires, was sent to our hospital. Of course this was reported to me. I decided to ask how it happened... it turned out that the man's surname was Forester ..."
"Forester?" Rory asked quietly.
"Yes, Forester. I thought he was a relative of those Foresters, we have only one such family. I asked the man if he was part of this family, but he replied that he did not know that there were other Foresters here."
"So what?" Lorelai asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Doose, why are you telling us this?"
"listen further. I told everything to the policeman, thinking that this information would be important ..."
"What is its importance?" Luke interrupted him.
"listen. Further. After listening to my information, he began to doubt, then looked into the passport of the city and said that officially the Forester in Star Hollow had not lived for a long time. Then I told him that we had such a family, but he refused to listen to me. Do you understand? In the city there is no Foresters. They left here a long time ago, when even I was not born."
"how can this be ..."
"but " Taylor interrupted " look" he pushed the papers towards them "it is clearly visible here that the Foresters' credit card was paying off in 2007 in my store."
"Then Dean left town ..." Rory said quietly and got up from her seat. I don't understand, you mean that he ... isn't he?
"that's exactly what I want to say" exhaling, said Doosee.
"then why did the truck driver come to town again?" asked Lorelai.
"he has such a job, he just drove past" answered Taylor.
" This is some old man's nonsense" Luke said indignantly " Dean worked at your store, helped drag furniture in the hotel, although I didn't like it, but it was a nice little one."
"yes, he was my favorite boy, he always helped mend the sink in the kitchen" added Lorelai.
"I did not say anything against it. Maybe it's a credit card ... can it be stolen?"
"stolen?" memories floated in Luke's head " stolen ...- he repeated thoughtfully."
"what? What's wrong?" Rory asked, walking over to Luke.
"Nothing" he quickly answered.
Thunder rumbled and the kitchen was quiet.
Doose sighed heavily again
"Well, I have to go, I will think about everything at home. Bye!"
" bye ... " both women said, and the man was alone with his thoughts.
"what did he say?" Lorelai whispered to him "what's wrong with the card? Do you think our Dean could steal a card?"
"no, I'm not talking about that, I need to rest" Luke turned around and wanted to go.
"wait, tell me! And tell Rory".
"no"
" why? You can trust us, Luke.
Luke turned to Lorelai".
"well, only it will be very difficult."
"what's going to be difficult?" Rory returned to the kitchen.
"Luke wants to tell us his secrets" Lorelai said softly "come on, we listen"
...
***