Chapter 3: To Tell A Story

Marion was correct. Waterfall City is a very peaceful place. The waterfalls alone could memorize just about any living creature.

Sam replied, "As my father would say, 'Holy Hanna!' This place is beyond words to describe how wonderful..." She could say nothing more. She was just overwhelmed.

Brandon, Nomi, and Amanda caught up with her. He said, "My dear Padawan. I think I can say I would want to live here for the rest of my life."

"Yeah. No kidding."

He went to a serious tone. "I think I need to have a good long conversation with Jolinar before I can state I would want to set Dinotopia as the new Jedi base."

Jolinar replied, "Yes, Grand Master Jedi of Earth, we will, but not just because of your brilliant suggestion. I think it is time to tell more about the Jedi Knight's history. First, we need to talk to the Mayor of Waterfall City and have all of you sign in, including Sam. After all of you have a look around this wonderful city, we can talk. What I have to say has its importance, but I want to state that your vacation is just as important if not more."

Nomi replied, "Your words are appreciated; thank you for giving us the opportunity to relax instead of searching for this item."

"It's a Holocron cube, an artifact containing a vast repository of knowledge. Legend says it holds the locations of all Jedi cities, past and present, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm happy to share more details with you when we have a chance to speak."

Brandon replied, "Thank you. Jolinar, please do not fear talking to any of us. I sense you are concerned about the events that will take place here in Dinotopia."

She was quiet for a moment before talking. "I guess... I've been trying to keep all this a big secret for so long I've become too protective of our past. Please forgive me for not telling you about this sooner."

Rosemary said, "There's no reason to apologize. You've done a great service for Dinotopia, for Earth, and your people so many years ago."

She looked at her as she knew her.

"I know we haven't met before, but my great grandmother has spoken about you often when I was young. She got me to remember everything she told me about you. Her name was Claire Jones."

"I remember her very well, and I shared a lot with her."

"What I'm saying to you is your task will never be complete until you allow Nomi, Brandon, and their daughter to receive this device that will allow your people to reunite with Earth once again. My great-grandmother told me how important the Jedi Knights history returns, where it belongs. That's why I'm an enormous part of Dinotopia. I knew if my great-grandmother would share with me something of this importance, I would be a part of it. When I saw our Jedi Knights last night, I knew I was right."

It was Sam that spoke, "You must excuse Jolinar. She's very emotional over not only Palpatine's demise but the long-awaited future of all the Jedi Knights. She's more excited about this than she has shown... to all of you. I can understand her anxieties. I've felt that way for many years in meeting up with my Jedi Master. I can tell you that Jolinar has waited for many, many more years than I have." "it is odd I feel as if I am the one that was left behind. She will never meet up with him, but I will remember every detail of him training me. It is the reason I have trained Brandon the moment we found him in Atlanta, Georgia. Yes, I have those memories in training you, and it boggles my imagination why I don't have all of them. It may be, I haven't gone through it, but I believe I should have them; nevertheless, it is I that owe you, my dear friend and Master."

She said to Sam, "Welcome to Dinotopia, and let Jolinar know we welcome her back."

She smiled, "Thank you."