Chapter 9: History of the Jedi Knights

Oriana and Sam had been in Sauropolis for nearly eight months now. They still cannot get inside the World Beneath. Sam said, "What a real-time paradox. We can't do anything until Author arrives in Dinotopia and discovers a way into the World Beneath. Even then, he won't be able to get in without the second half of the key. I wonder if this was planned by the ancient Jedi Knights or just pure coincidence."

"I can see why Jolinar didn't hang with these other Jedi Knights. To be so cryptic, they had to be a bunch of self-righteous prigs."

"I thought they were cryptic because of protecting their past, but I'm believing they are far too cryptic now after the war."

Jolinar said through Oriana, "Sam, I have to agree with you. I didn't volunteer for these assignments just to get the ball rolling. It was an excuse to get away from them."

"Jolinar, they might have been overprotective then arrogant. The many times I have talked with Bodo Baas, I never heard him talk in that manner."

"I have to admit that could be a very strong possibility, but that is no excuse for their attitudes."

"Do you think the Jedi Knights will be that way when we meet them?"

"Sam, I hope not! If that is the case, then all I've done and will continue to do in preserving our past and heritage will be for not."

"Since the Dinotopian way of life isn't altered or changed, I say we can educate the Jedi Knights and whoever to think in the way they should. There will be a lot for us Jedi Knights of my time to do on behalf of the Jedi Knight's history."

"If these descendants turn out to be a bunch of arrogant prigs, I'm wondering will it be worth saving? I for one will continue to work hard at what I have started, but all of you may have your hands full."

Sam smiled, "I've always believed that the past is worth preserving. If it wasn't, then would Oriana and I have this powerful bond? We're ever so much alike, and we're becoming more and more similar as time goes by."

"Yes, you both are becoming so much alike that I can't tell the differences between you."

She laughed. "If we become too much alike, I might have to kick Oriana in the ass for any back talking."

Oriana had to laugh at that one.

She said to Jolinar. "I remember you telling me, you could not tell us apart."

"So, you are remembering?"

"Only that for now. Maybe as we continue onward, I may remember more. If Oriana is to come with me to my time, then it's right for me to say you and I will never blend."

Jolinar said, "Since you and Oriana are blending, then she will stay with you. In that, I will always be with you."

"I would love the two of you always with me at my side."

Oriana said, "We will, Sam. We will."

She smiled.

"Never worry I won't be with you. I don't know if I will go with you to your time or not. If I fall in love with Author, that will determine my life. Whatever happens, I will always love you. Please never forget that."

She promised she wouldn't. Clavis bellowed. Sam looked at him with a smile. She said to him, "I won't forget that you love me either."

He had grown over twice his size since he was born. How fast he has grown; she could see him being at full size in a little over a year.

She was enjoying being an inlander, and said to Oriana, "we need to find something on the ancient Jedi so we can help my friends."

"I think I might have found something. I want to do more tests first."