Chapter 6: A Cosmic Connection

While on a Brachiosaurus, both Marion and Brandon were talking about Sam and Oriana. He said, "I sense you know more about Sam and Oriana than anyone."

"I do and I don't. What I mean... when I first saw Sam, I saw more of Oriana in her, while at the same time, I saw Sam in Oriana." She paused and continued, "Brandon, they are separate individuals, but they are connected more than two sisters." "what mom has told me about those two, and seeing her and Jolinar, in her, I believe every word mom has said. I want to tell you everything... if you have not figured it out already."

"Could it be that they have both Jolinar as a host?"

She smiled, "I see you are figuring it out." "let me say it this way, both Sam and my grandmother have this bond regardless of Jolinar. Just the same, Jolinar might be a bridge between them." "oh my! That is a complex concept I don't know if I understand fully." "the bond they have is something more profound than a blending of the same symbiote. Their bond is so strong that they can be either person though separate individuals."

He was quiet for a time.

She asked him while knowing the answer already because of having a friendly talk with Nomi, "Who was the Jedi Master first, you are Sam?"

He went wide-eyed on that question. "I see your point. Are you saying that she is just as much a wife to Author as she is to Jack and vice versa?"

"If those two were cosmically connected, then I would say yes, but they aren't. To restate your question, Could Sam be just as much in love with Author as Oriana was in love with Jack and vice versa? My answer is yes."

"I can see why your mother told Jolinar that she couldn't fail to have Sam fall in love with another if Jack dies before her."

"Yes! Oriana wouldn't let go of Author, even though her wedding vows were death to you part. Sam shouldn't follow in Oriana's footsteps on this matter." "even though Author is not cosmically connected with those two, there is a lot you don't know about him. I wish I wasn't told about it."

"Do you think Oriana's journals will give us the means of retrieving this Holocron that will allow us to find these Jedi cities?"

"Without realizing it, that is the key question to why all of you are here." "even if you had this device right now in your hands, no Jedi Knight will not be able to go to any of them until Sam reads all the Journals of Oriana's. This map isn't the key to bringing back the Jedi Knights of yesterday to the present. It is Sam and Oriana." "trust me, Brandon; there is so much more to what I just said. If Sam and Oriana don't connect in the way they should... or better yet, reconnect, it could be the end of the Jedi Knights history if not the ones alive today."

It amazed him what she said.

"I read Oriana's journals myself a long time ago. Not one statement ever talked about what you seek. If Palpatine won this war of yours, he could have easily taken this Holocron and destroyed the Jedi Knight of yesterday. I'm not sure if Jolinar made it possible for Sam and Oriana to be connected to protect the history of the Jedi Knights. In how powerful bonds they have, I don't think no one person could create this. When Sam learns all from Oriana's journals, she will be just as responsible for hiding this Holocron cube, and protecting the Jedi Knight as if she was Oriana herself." "Brandon! If only you know what I know of Samantha Carter O'Neill. I believe you could find these ancestors, artifacts, and all the rest of the ancient past of the Jedi Knights without this device you are seeking. All you need is those two."

"What my Padawan has been feeling being with Oriana is because she sees this bond without understanding it."

"From what you have told me of your first encounter with Sam when she was a teenager, then yes." An interesting thought came to her, "I believe I know why you have these memories of this alternate reality. If I am right, you have a crucial role in guiding her to the life she needs to be in. It might be why you should be the Master rather than her over you, but I am believing you were a Padawan. This alternate reality could have made more of a difference to you both. I just don't know."