Chapter 12: The New Padawan

Deep within the World Beneath, Oriana and Jolinar delved into the mysteries of the ancient past. Their exploration proved fruitful, solidifying Amanda's suggestion as a stroke of genius. Jolinar then ingeniously concealed the Holocron, placing it within a temporal anomaly, a time flux, until the arrival of Grand Duke Jedi Knight Brandon Bowers. Jolinar said, "Whoever returns to their own time, please convey this message to Grand Duke Jedi Knight Brandon Bowers. The Holocron is currently hidden within a temporal anomaly. It will only manifest in the proper time and space when he, and only he, draws near its location."

Sam said, "The biggest obstacle for any of the Jedi Knights is to get down here." she asked Jolinar, "Will the rings work in the 21st century?"

"Good question. It might. I will use the Force to protect this special ring device. Hopefully, keeping this ring transport device deep in the World Beneath will help it from aging too much."

Jack said, "I suggest that we travel to that time once you use the Force to protect this ring transport device. The quicker he can get down here, the better."

Oriana replied, "I don't think that would be a superb idea. If it's that important to get the cube, we might as well hand it to him. The purpose of hiding it is more than keeping it from the wrong hands."

"Why are you hiding this cube?"

"There's a lot more to protecting the ancient past of the Jedi Knights than the locations of these cities."

After using the Force, Amanda said, "Earth... they scatter it with the ancient past of the Jedi Knights"

Oriana smiled in amazement. "Yes, part of Earth has gone with them. What we Jedi Knights need to do is to get Earth ready for its past."

Jack asked, "How do we do that?"

"What's the past?"

Sam answered in delight, "Dinotopia."

"That's why it is so important that all of you learn how to be Dinotopians. It's the only authentic way to know what Dinotopia is about."

Amanda asked, "Once I start my Jedi training, will you train me as an ancient Jedi Knight?"

"Since the Jedi of today can use the Force a lot more than in ancient times, I say yes and no. What I will teach you more than anything is how to be a Jedi Dinotopian. Remember that the Force was a tool to enhance the ancient Jedi Knight's knowledge. The defense part was after Palpatine's hunger for power. I'll teach you about defense, but I will teach you about how to use the Force for knowledge. You will be the first to train in the novel way of the Force."

Jack commented with a little confusion, "I don't understand why you simply can't give Brandon this cube. We will meet with Amanda's parents. If we tell him where it is located, why not just give it to him?"

"Who said we will tell him where it is located after we arrive? When it's time, he will be the first to know. If I give it to him, it would be meaningless. Giving someone a map won't always allow a person to reach the destination." Seeing that Jack was more confused, Oriana continued, "during this war of yours with Palpatine, did you simply go by a map to your destinations?"

"No. Sometimes we sent scouting parties to see what is between Earth and where we wanted to go."

"That's my point. You all know nothing about the terrain nor the history of the Jedi Knights. Jack, you all will deal with time and space. What I have learned from Sam, Earth doesn't have a clue on the true meaning of time." She was quiet for a moment and then continued once again, "time is more than temporal theories. They're all so real. The ancient Jedi Knights have been traveling through time and space for a good many years. They could learn and explore many things, without influencing anything or anyone. Believe it or not, it's not all that hard for you to learn about the history of the Jedi Knights and how to be a Dinotopian."