Chapter 1

Summer break probably the best thing of the year as most people see it,but me I see it as lonely. But there I was sitting in class staring at the clock ready for it to strike three and for the final bell to ring. "EMMA!" I snap out of my thoughts to see my friend Jasmine looking at me. "I was in my mind again wasn't I." She nods then says "you've been doing that a lot whats up." I was about to answer her when the bell rang. I put my books in my bag and stand up tapping my foot as I wait for Jasmine to put her books in her bag. Me and Jasmine have been best friends since we were kids and we were both in our junior years well I guess you can technically call us seniors now. I snapped out of my thoughts we she stood up we started talking about what we would be doing this summer then she brings up the annual senior party on the beach. "so are you going Emma" she asks me. "Probably not " I say slamming my locker. "Come on it will be fun and maybe you'll meet a guy" she says winking. I laugh ever since my breakup with Edward last year I've been what most people call socially awkward.  "Fine I may show up but no promises" I say. She jumps up and down "Yay" she says. I laugh as we walk towards my car.