4 🔸 Grendilton Cover

This this was the first cover I have made for a client in over two months. As soon as I read the description, I had to design it. I loved the end result so much that I had to share it here! For those looking to see my cover process, this is it!

This is my FIRST fantasy cover so bear with me. Also, please excuse the hideous blue watermarks; those are gifts for the design thieves.

The Request for amyrobinnz
(sorry for blowing up your feed!!)

-brown haired girl full of tattoos
-glowing crescent tattoo
-blue and orange or red and black color scheme
-some dark magic, urban fantasy

The picture below was the initial design, but I needed to redo the cover to instead use a pic of Macey with her hair down.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Designing Process: 4 hours, I think?

Let's start with a base picture. I ended up looking for pictures of near naked women (god bless my search history). I grabbed this pic from Adobe Stock [thanks sis]. Her skin tone is kinda not warm enough, so I ended up using the color curves to darken and add more red to her. 

The first thing I made was the title

The first thing I made was the title. Font is very important and is usually what makes a book stand out. The request sounded like I should accentuate the moon/crescent idea, so I searched for a typeface that utilized any sort of crescent figure. I ended up finding one, but the crescent was on the C and not on the G. So I surgically rearranged it.

I beveled/embossed it and added an outer glow [white, opacity at 80%]. There was a soft inner glow as well [white, opacity at 30-40%, scatter/noise at 25%]

 There was a soft inner glow as well [white, opacity at 30-40%, scatter/noise at 25%]