21. Apologies and wishes

Hoseok had been thinking for a long time. He had been sitting in his room, on his bed without moving for the past hour. His thoughts were unclear.

There was a knock on the door. Shownu opened and peeked in.

"I'm going to the café, you want to join?" He asked.

Hoseok shook his head. Shownu nodded and was about to close the door.

"Wait!" Hoseok yelled and stood up.

Shownu opened the door again. "Yeah?"

"Is he going to be there?" Hoseok asked.

"He is. That's why I'm going." Shownu sighed. "To see him. Ask how he's doing, you know."

"I... I'm coming, just a second." Hoseok mumbled and started going through his clothes. Shownu rolled his eyes and closed the door.

Hoseok wanted to find clothes that would make him look cool, sexy and maybe even soft. He wanted to impress Hyungwon with his style, because he was out of ideas. He had to find a way to approach him and he had noticed how Hyungwon likes to dress in fashionable clothes.

Hoseok ended up with light washed jeans, white t-shirt, white vans and his favorite leather jacket. He looked at himself in the mirror and realized he had almost forgotten his motorcycle hobby. It made him a little sad, but then it hit him. He could go to the café with his bike and invite Hyungwon for a ride! What a great idea.

Hoseok quickly took his helmet and the spare one, then he literally ran out of his room, passing Shownu on the way.

"You're going by bike?" Shownu asked.

"Yeah! Haven't rode it for a while!" Hoseok yelled and ran outside to prepare his bike. He was so excited for some reason.

Shownu also decided to go by bike, and soon they were driving next to each other, speeding a little. Hoseok was smiling under the helmet as they parked. They headed in and noticed Hyungwon, Minhyuk and Jooheon around one table. They waved happily and walked up to them.

"Hi! You came with bikes today?" Jooheon asked, pointing at the helmet Hoseok was holding.

"Yeah, I haven't rode for a while." Hoseok smiled and sat down.

He turned to Hyungwon and smiled. "How are you?"

"I... um, good. You?"

"Very good."

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds until Minhyuk started talking again. Hoseok smiled. He was glad Hyungwon wasn't giving him the cold eye or anything.

They talked for a while and drank some coffee. Shownu noticed Kihyun walking up to them and he stood up.

"Kihyun, can we go talk for a moment?" He asked.

Kihyun looked at him and nodded. They went to the backroom. Hoseok felt weird about it, but let it be.

Shownu smiled gently. "Did you talk to him?"

"I did, and he told me some things. I now understand him a lot better." Kihyun said.

"Good, I was getting worried."

Kihyun nodded. "Me too... I still am, but now I know how I can help him."

"Great, I talked to Hoseok. He's going to apologize."

"Hmm... Do you think Hoseok will confess?" Kihyun suddenly asked.

Shownu thought for a moment but shook his head. "I don't think so. Not yet."

"Right... Hyungwon is very sensitive... Hoseok needs to be careful with him. Let's just say that Hyungwon has not had the best luck in his earlier life." Kihyun said. "But let's go back. It's not nice to talk behind his back like this."

"Yeah, let's go."

After an hour Minhyuk and Jooheon left, then Kihyun and finally Shownu. Hyungwon and Hoseok were alone. They looked at each other quickly, but Hyungwon turned away.

"Hyungwon..." Hoseok said, trying to get his attention.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

Hyungwon looked at him, confused. "What?"

"I said, I'm sorry."

"F-for what?"

"For making you upset the other night." Hoseok rested his chin on his hand. "I didn't understand it then, but now I do."

"It's o-okay. I'm not angry." Hyungwon said with a small smile.

"Do you want to ride the bike with me?" Hoseok asked.

Hyungwon felt nervous, but he nodded. He really wanted to spend time with Hoseok. Hoseok felt the same. He grabbed the younger's hand and they walked outside. Hoseok handed him the spare helmet.

"Okay, hop on. Just hold onto me." Hoseok said.

Hyungwon sat on the bike and wrapped his long and slim arms around Hoseok's waist. It made him blush, but luckily the helmet covered it.

"Let's go. You ready?" Hoseok asked.

Hyungwon nodded. 

It was amazing. They went through the city quickly, maybe even a little too fast. In every turn, Hyungwon held onto Hoseok harder, anxious that he might fall. Hoseok smiled and demonstrated his skills as a driver.

The wind tickled Hyungwon's neck, which was bare. However, he smiled. He wanted to hug Hoseok every day the same way as now. He wanted to feel the closeness, the excitement and the happiness. He wanted their love to bloom, like flowers in the spring, but never wither like in the fall.

He whispered to himself;

"Let this moment last forever."