Shattered glass like the past

Michael's P.O.V.

Flashback

'Hey,are you okay?' A high and soft voice spoke

I looked up from my sitting position on the cold floor of the street. 'H-hi' I saw a beautiful girl, just my age, smiling down at me while her hand was on my knee.

'What's your name?' The girl chirped

'M-Michael ' I said uncertain why am I even talking to a stranger, to a mortal.

'Why are you sad mikey?' 

'My f-friend doesn't want to talk to me anymore, nobody does anyway.' I said trying to calm my self down before I cry in front of the girl again. I mean it was a stupid thing to cry about but I was six for god's sake.

'Well I do' she smiled. 'I'm Alex and I like your eyes. wanna be friends?'. I don't know why I gladly took her extended hand and accepted her offer.

Another flashback

'Kids! Please pay attention while you're playing, and no going near that forest' my mum shouted from where she is in the kitchen, while Alex and I were rushing out of the door.

'Wait for me!' I screamed behind Alex.

'I'm an independent 10 year old'

'Okay but you have to wait for your best friend' I bumped my shoulder with hers jokingly as soon as i caught up to her.

'Ow watch where you're going next time' Alex chuckled.

We walked for what seemed like hours when it only was a 20 minutes walk to our favorite place. It wasn't much, just a tree with a swing hung up on it. But it was our favorite place since we spent most of our 4 years friendship there.

'How about we-' Alex started.

'Michael!' 

Both of us turned around to see our friend Scarlett running towards us and tears filled her eyes. 

'What's wrong?'

'Michael, your parents are screaming and it's really scary,and I think I heard them saying something about Alex' parents.' She cried.

Alex started running full speed and both, Scarlett and I ran after her. We got to the mansion and the screams made me jump every time. Alex rushed up stairs only to get pulled away by her sister.

'No let me go!' Alex screamed. I just sat there in my mother's arms and watched as my best friend was in pain, when they told her the bad news.

'You!why aren't you saying anything? Aren't you thankful that my parents sacrificed everything for you?' She waited an answer from my dad that had his head down, looking at the floor. 

Alex broke away from her sister's grip and ran out of the mansion. I ran after her, I was scared that something bad will happen to her. But no matter how fast I ran I couldn't stop the speeding car.

End of flashback 

"Michael" Alex said putting her hand on my shoulder. I shook my head as she wiped the tears off my face that I didn't even notice that they were there. 

"Why are you crying mikey?" I tried as hard as I can not to scream and tell her everything. In fact when I opened my mouth my voice came out calm "can I take you somewhere tomorrow?" 

"Sure you can" she smiled, "but when I decide to compliment you next time don't be cocky about it" she started to walk back to the car. I smiled and walked with her there. 

XXX

"What?!" Calum screamed 

"Why are you screaming?" I closed my ears with my palms.

"You can't take her there! It's dangerous Michael!"

"Too late mate, I already decided." I sighed then took my keys and left the house. I drove to Alex's house and it was nerve wrecking.

I knocked twice on the door before a familiar figure opened.

"Michael?" Carmen said with wide eyes.

"Hey, is Alex here?" 

"What do you think you're doing?" 

"I'm taking my best friend back, that's what I'm doing." I said trying not to sound angry.

"Carmen where is my favorite pair of sh- oh, hi" Alex said. I waved at her ignoring her sister's glare. 

"They're upstairs in my room, I forgot to give them back" Alex nodded and went where she was told to go. Carmen crossed her arms against her chest " I swear if something bad happens consider this your last time seeing her." 

"Okay let's go" Alex chirped. We walked out and to my car.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere that means the world to me."

XXX

;)