your sister is going to kill me

Alex' P.O.V

"We're here" michael smiled. We pulled up next to a tall tree with a swing hung up on it. I wonder what's wrong with people taking me to random places.

"Tell me then" I started. Michael hummed in response. "Why does this place means the world to you?" I smiled.

"It holds too much memories"
"Why me?"
"Huh?"
"Why did you bring me here?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Because i-" michael sighed.
"Tell me, if it makes you feel better." I took a step forward.
"Go sit on the swing." Michael demanded with a slight smile.

I sat on the swing and it just felt right so I smiled and closed my eyes.
"What?" Michael chuckled.
"Nothing, it just feels right." I said with genuine happiness.
Michael started to push me back and forth and my head was filled with children's laughter.

"Once," michael started as he moved to sit infront of me on the ground while I'm still sitting on the swing. "I had a fight with my bestfriend, and I ran out of the house, crying. I was six back in the time, a beautiful girl approached me and told me that she liked my eyes and asked me if I wanted to be her friend, so I agreed"

I rested my head on the rope of the swing and smiled at how his eyes lit up as he talked about the girl.
"She was a very good friend, and our friendship lasted for a solid 4 years.we used to come here alot" Michael said looking at the ground.

"What happened to her?" I frowned.
"Car accident. But she was fine after that, although when she woke up 5 days later, she didn't remember anything, even me. If only I ran a bit faster maybe I would've saved her.I figured that she will be better without me, I didn't bother trying to make her remember. I just walked out of her life. But she never walked out of mine, she was always there, in my mind, in my heart. Everywhere. But now I'm willing to get my bestfriend back." Michael said.

I didn't know why would he tell me that, but this story made me want to cry. This situation felt so confusing, I felt too much. From the huge déja-vu to the butterflies in my stomach. I didn't do anything but get off the swing, sit down on the ground infront of him and put my hand on his knee.

"It's okay. How about we go on a walk in the forest nearby yea? I think it'll be fun" I smiled.
"Yea, sure" michael said

XXX

"It's honestly so pretty in here" I said looking around.
"It is" michael smiled. "My mom wouldn't let me come here when I was little."

I was happy that the boy was opening up to me. As I was listening to him telling me a story about his childhood I noticed a tattoo behind his left ear. I couldn't make up what it could be, so I just let it go.

"Can I ask you something?" Michael said.
"Yea?"
"What would you do if you are stuck in a world you don't want to be in, you don't like to be in?"
"But what if you need to be in that world. Maybe it's where you belong, where you should be." At first I was confused at his question but I just decided to go with the flow.

"What if it's suffocating me?"
It hurts to know that michael is in pain. I wanted to help so bad but I was afraid to ask.

"M-maybe then you should talk to somebody about it. A-and I would be glad if you chose me as that person." I looked down at my hands.

Michael sighed and shook his head.

"Never mind. It's fine. I will get through it." Michael smiled.
"I know you will" I said to motivate the red haired boy.

"I want to dye my hair" I said suddenly as I was observing the boy's hair.
Michael stopped in his tracks and grabbed my wrist and just a few minutes later we were back in the car.

"What are you doing?" I chuckled.
"We are dying your hair. Well I am."
"Now?"
"Yes now. Your sister is going to kill me but you said you want to dye your hair so if there's one person that should dye your hair then it's me." He said with a hint of seriousness in his voice.

"okay let's go then." I chirped.
We went to the store and bought blue hair dye. Then we blasted some music in the car and sang at the top of our lungs on the ride back to Michael's house. I can't say anything but I was happy.

XXX

We walked in the house, I waved at calum before michael held my wrist again and led me towards the stairs.

"What are you kids up to?" Calum said smirking.
"I'm going to dye alex' hair" michael chuckled and waved the dye box infront of calum's face then we continued our way upstairs.

"Let's start" michael said.
"First of all, my clothes aren't appropriate for this. Second of all, without gloves?" I pointed at his bare hands.

"Mhm, says the one who showed up yesterday with paint covered hands." Michael raised an eyebrow.
"This is different, paint goes away easily"

"Just shut up and let me dye your hair."