thirty two

Liked by montenegrogrey, alvarezaxl, averymonte and 7, 546 others

acostalily: No matter what.

➖ comment disabled

Third person's

"Is it true?" Lily asked her mother.

"What?"

"That tita Lucy was diagnosed with Leukemia last year?"

Her mother sighed, "I found out weeks ago."

"Why didn't you told me? Bakit mo tinago?"

"Because it's not my story to tell, anak." Ales said.

"Kaya ka ba hindi nagalit kay Papa kasi alam mo 'yung sitwasyon ni tita Lucy?"

Ales slowly shook her head, "No."

"Then why? Bakit, ma? Kasi hindi ko maintindihan." Lily was losing her temper. "Hindi ka nagalit kay Papa kasi hindi naman siya nagloko! Hindi ka nagalit kay Papa kasi walang mali! Hinayaan mo kaming maniwala sa bagay na hindi totoo!"

"Alam mo kung bakit hindi ako nagalit?" Mahinahon na wika ni Ales. "Kasi Lucy was your father's first love."

"W-what?"

"They were supposed to get married but your father got me pregnant and Lucy found Lucas."

Nalilitong tumingin si Lily sa nanay niya. She can't say anything.

"Lucy was busy with her life that she forgot about Markus. Lucy met Lucas and when your father was about to ask her hand for marriage, was the same day he found out that Lucy and Lucas were married already."

"N-no..."

"Everyday, I was asking myself if I did the right thing.. if I saved your father from being miserable." Ales said. "I never questioned his love for me, because thru the years, I know that he fell inlove with me."

"M-mom..."

Ales smiled, "I know. He told me that he loves me so much that he was willing to signed the papers but little did he know that I love him too much to set him free."

Lily was crying so hard hearing the story of her mother.

"Don't cry, Lily." Ales said and hugged her. "I'm okay, we're okay. We almost got the perfect family, but almost will never be enough."